Sheen to star in ‘Anger Management’ remakeJuly 8th, 2011 - 2:12 am ICT by IANS
London, July 8 (IANS) Actor Charlie Sheen is in talks to appear in a new comedy series based on 2003 movie “Anger Management”.
Producer Joe Roth wants Sheen to portray an athlete-turned counsellor who enrages his patients more than calming them down, reports Hollywood Reporter.
The role was originally played by actor Jack Nicholson.
“Receiving several opportunities but can’t comment on anything at this time,” said Sheen’s spokesperson.
Though the planned programme has not yet received a finance or distribution deal, it is said that the first episode will be ready by autumn next year.
The 45-year-old actor was recently axed from the show “Two and a Half Men” due to his erratic behaviour and turbulent personal life.
- Charlie Sheen set for TV comeback - Feb 23, 2012
- Sheen's TV comeback big hit - Jul 02, 2012
- Sheen doesn't believe in rehab - Jun 27, 2012
- Sheen returns to acting with 'Anger Management' - Jul 19, 2011
- Charlie Sheen to star in rap video - Jul 09, 2011
- Charlie Sheen enjoying new innings - Jul 04, 2012
- New season of 'Two and a Half men' starts - Sep 20, 2011
- Sheen gets $3 mn offer to promote dating website - May 24, 2011
- Why was Sheen sacked from sitcom? - Jun 26, 2012
- Charlie Sheen to be killed off in TV series - Jun 28, 2011
- Charlie Sheen admits that he was 'In Total Denial' about the show 'Two and a Half Men' - Jun 07, 2012
- 'Anger Management' gets 90 episode extension - Aug 31, 2012
- Sheen hopes Kutcher will make him proud - Sep 17, 2011
- Charlie Sheen to give $1million as donation to USO - Jul 17, 2012
- Sheen planning 'Two and a Half Men' funeral party - Aug 09, 2011
Tags: actor jack nicholson, anger management, athlete, autumn, charlie sheen, comedy series, counsellor, distribution deal, finance, hollywood, hollywood reporter, jack nicholson, joe roth, london, personal life, spokesperson, two and a half men