‘Shatrughan’s daughter Sonakshi lost 26 kilos to walk ramp’October 27th, 2008 - 2:41 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 27 (IANS) Actor Shatrughan Sinha’s daughter Sonakshi worked really hard and lost 26 kilos in the last few months to make her maiden appearance on the ramp. And she attracted much attention for being the only woman modelling for a menswear line.Sonakshi sashayed down in a chic organza layered jacket with a stretch cotton shirt, satin slip and black Lycra leggings for the collection ‘Jigsaw’ by Kolkata-based designer duo Dev R Nil at the Lakme Fashion Week that concluded here Friday.
“Sonakshi was quite tubby, but worked upon her looks tremendously and reduced 26 kilos in the last few months to present herself in the new gorgeous look,” Nil of the designer duo told IANS.
He said that Sonakshi walked the ramp as a friend of their’s since they knew her when she was a student of fashion designing.
“She was a not a showstopper but walked the ramp as she is a dear friend of ours,” said Nil.
“We know Sonakshi for the last three to four years when she was a fashion designing student. She used to be an usher here at the shows and also helped us backstage. That was the time when we became good friends as she liked our designs,” the designer added.
So what made them choose Sonakshi as a model for their show?
Nil said: “She is extremely dedicated to her work and takes things seriously. The effort that she has taken to groom herself is commendable.”
And why a woman for a menswear line?
“When we were doing menswear line, we wanted somebody… one single model who would help connect the collection with the feminine element,” Nil explained.
“The collection was called ‘Jigsaw’ and in the jigsaw the missing part of the puzzle was the feminine element and she completed it,” he added.
- Kavita Bhartia pays tribute to Indian weavers - Oct 09, 2011
- Colours, bling and cuts on WIFW runway - Apr 08, 2011
- Designer Anita Dongre launches menswear line - Mar 26, 2012
- My collection inspired by today's Marilyn Monroe: Ritu Beri - Aug 04, 2012
- LFW: Siddharth Mallya in tuxedo, Amy Jackson in sari - Aug 04, 2012
- Niket-Jainee to design for Miss India Deaf - Jun 13, 2011
- 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' inspires designers' collection - May 14, 2010
- 11 designers to participate in India Bridal Fashion Week (With Images) - Aug 28, 2012
- When India blended with medieval Turkey at WIFW - Feb 17, 2012
- Archana Kochhar gives retro twist to digital prints - Aug 07, 2012
- Chitrangada loves 1970s style - Feb 16, 2012
- Wanted, more designers for menswear - Sep 02, 2011
- Parna Ghose goes to NY Couture Fashion Week - Sep 06, 2012
- Prateik is very spontaneous: Kalki Koelchin - Oct 09, 2011
- Beauty queens jazz up Archana Kochhar's LFW show - Aug 17, 2011