Shatrughan’s daughter finally says ‘yes’ to Salman’s filmJune 13th, 2009 - 11:27 pm ICT by IANS
By Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, June 13 (IANS) Will she, won’t she? That was the question being asked on whether Shatrughan Sinha’s daughter Sonakshi would accept Salman Khan’s film offer. And she has now said yes.
Sonakshi was offered a role by Salman in a film to be produced by Arbaaz Khan. But Sonakshi, apparently in two minds about a film career, decided not to do it. She had studied fashion designing and that’s what she wanted to pursue as a career.
The girl hadn’t bargained for Salman’s persuasive powers. Apparently he kept asking Sonakshi and her parents - who are very fond of Salman - until they finally relented.
And now Sonakshi has finally said yes to the untitled film which begins shooting in a couple of months.
Said a source very close to the project: “Salman saw Sonakshi at the Fashion Week and told her to lose 10 kgs. Sonakshi decided to lose 30 kgs. And not by starving herself. She maintained a balanced diet, went to the gym regularly and embarked into water sports. Within no time she was stunningly slim.”
That’s when Salman got doubly persuasive and that’s when Sonakshi relented.
The film will be directed for Arbaaz Khan Productions by Anurag’s brother Abhinav Kashyap. This would be Arbaaz’s first production.
Apparently the director went to Arbaaz to sign him an as an actor, but Arbaaz in fact offered to produce it.
Said the proud father Shatrughan Sinha: “Acting was never on the cards for Sonakshi. But I remember as a child she was very cute and I had promised she would do an ad. This is perhaps a fulfilment of that promise. As long as she doesn’t compromise the dignity of our family I’ve no objections to her doing films.”
- Sonakshi Finally Says Yes To Salman's Film - Jun 13, 2009
- Sonakshi to work with Salman, brothers again - Aug 02, 2010
- I'm not scared of item numbers: Sonakshi Sinha - Mar 23, 2011
- Sonakshi Sinha Has Said "Yes" Only To Salman's Next - Aug 16, 2010
- Salman Pushed Sonakshi To The Gym Everyday! - Aug 09, 2010
- Sonakshi Sinha: Hopping the ladder to success with Aplomb - Dec 13, 2010
- I might turn to direction in the future: Arbaaz Khan (Interview) - Jul 28, 2010
- So what if I play Kamal Haasan's wife: Sonakshi - Mar 14, 2011
- I'm not bold enough for item numbers: Sonakshi Sinha - Aug 08, 2010
- 'Dabangg' for myself more than Salman: Arbaaz - Aug 11, 2010
- Sonakshi shouldn't cross her limits, says mom - Aug 20, 2010
- Shatrughan Sinha to host Bhojpuri KBC, Sonakshi on hot seat - May 01, 2011
- 'Dabangg' - Salman's rural day out as corrupt cop (IANS preview) - Sep 06, 2010
- We're going to have a celebration soon: Arbaaz Khan - Sep 19, 2010
- Sonakshi's role cooler in 'Joker' than 'Dabangg': Kunder (Movie Snippets) - Feb 22, 2012
Tags: abhinav, acting, anurag, arbaaz khan, balanced diet, dignity, fashion week, film career, fulfilment, kgs, mumbai, objections, persuasive powers, proud father, salman khan, shatrughan, shatrughan sinha, subhash k jha, untitled film, water sports