Shatrughan Sinha to host Bhojpuri KBC, Sonakshi on hot seatMay 1st, 2011 - 4:58 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 1 (IANS) Shatrughan Sinha is set to host the Bhojpuri edition of popular quiz show “Kaun Banega Crorepati” (KBC), and daughter Sonakshi Sinha will be one of those on the hot seat. He also plans to invite Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan to the show.
“Yes, Sonakshi is going to be on the hot seat in front of me. Audiences will finally get to see us baap-beti together on screen,” said Shatrughan Sinha. The episode will be recorded in Kolkata early next month as soon as Sonakshi finds the time fly down.
“Sonakshi should not expect any easy questions just because she’s my daughter. You’ll be surprised to know she took the initiative of being on my show. She asked me if she could participate. I happily agreed. She’s an intelligent girl. I know she’ll conduct herself well,” added the actor-politician.
Said Sonakshi: “It will be great! I love the show. Although I don’t speak Bhojpuri, I can understand it. It would be fun to be quizzed by dad.”
The Bhojpuri KBC is being shot in Kolkata. Shatrughan Sinha’s first guest is Bharatiya Janata Party leader Yashwant Sinha.
“Sonakshi will follow. From the film industry, I’ll also invite Salman Khan to be on the hotseat,” said Sinha who is also very keen to invite Amitabh Bachchan, who hosted the Hindi KBC, on the show.
“Mr Bachchan has hosted the Hindi KBC. Having him on my Bhojpuri KBC makes perfect sense. I’ll invite him personally. I am sure he will agree,” he said.
“The differences between us is a thing of the past. When you have two vessels on the same shelf they are bound create a clutter of noises. I’ve always wished him and his family all the best. I treat Abhishek like my own son. I was so thrilled to know he was so much at home in Patna when he visited recently,” he added.
Sinha says his Bhojpuri language is not in perfect shape.
“Strange because my mother spoke to us brothers in Bhojpuri. But at the most, my command over the language is functional. I’m brushing it up for KBC. It isn’t difficult. Unlike Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam, which are completely separate from one another Bhojpuri has direct links with Hindi. So mastering Bhojpuri is no problem.”
“It will have a huge interest value. The Bhojpuri belt is really large. It will also do good to my image as a politician.”
The KBC show is also being presented in Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Bengali versions. They are being produced by Big Synergy Adlabs. For Tamil, the presenter will be Prakash Raj, Miloo Yavaru Kodeeswarudu for Telugu, Ramesh Arvind for Kannada and Sourav Ganguly for the Bengali version.
- Bhojpuri, Bengali versions of '...To Be A Millionaire' start Monday - Jun 03, 2011
- Practised more for show than in cricket: Sourav - Jun 04, 2011
- Salman, Sonakshi team for third film - Sep 15, 2010
- Big B happy with films earning Rs.100 crore - Aug 23, 2012
- Rajesh Singh wins Rs.1 crore on Bhojpuri KBC (With Images) - Jul 27, 2011
- Salman Signs 3rd Film, Kick, With Sonakshi Sinha - Sep 16, 2010
- So what if I play Kamal Haasan's wife: Sonakshi - Mar 14, 2011
- I can't do what Mr. Bachchan did in KBC: Prosenjit - Mar 06, 2011
- KBC 2012 to be back in prime time slot - Jul 27, 2012
- 'My name is Chang & I'm not a foreigner' (Movie Snippets) - Jul 23, 2011
- Sonakshi kicked about meatier role in 'Kick' - Jun 04, 2011
- Other countries now aping KBC's innovative concepts: Amitabh - Aug 30, 2012
- Punctual Big B says 'sorry' for coming late - Aug 22, 2012
- Working with Amitabh fulfils my mom's dream: Sudeep - Feb 05, 2010
- Sonu hopes for 'my' time in coming year (July 30 is Sonu Nigam's birthday) - Jul 29, 2011
Tags: amitabh bachchan, clutter, film industry, fly down, hot seat, hotseat, intelligent girl, janata party, mr bachchan, party leader, patna, perfect sense, perfect shape, politician, quiz show, quizzed, salman khan, shatrughan, shatrughan sinha, time fly