Shashank Vyas steps in as Jagiya on ‘Balika Vadhu’August 3rd, 2010 - 8:23 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 3 (IANS) Ujjain boy Shashank Vyas has stepped into “Balika Vadhu”, Colors’ popular show on child marriage, as the grown up Jagiya.
Ever since Jamshedpur’s Pratyusha Banerjee replaced Avika Gor as Anandi, viewers have been eagerly waiting to see who will replace Avinash Mukherjee as the older Jagiya, her husband.
Vyas, 23, says he is confident he will do justice to the character.
“I am grateful to god that he has given me the opportunity to showcase my talent with India’s most loved and popular show. My first day at the shoot was a dream come true, as I was welcomed with open arms to the ‘Balika Vadhu’ family. I go through my script thoroughly before delivering my shot to ensure that I give my best shot,” Shashank said in a statement.
“I am confident that I can do justice to Jagiya’s character, which was popularised by Avinash Mukherjee,” he added.
Shashank said he and Pratyusha hope to create the same magic with their chemistry as Avika and Avinash did.
“Pratyusha and I are working hard to create the same magic which Avika and Avinash presented to the viewers. I am sure our hard work and dedication will pay off and we will be blessed and loved by the audience.”
“Balika Vadhu” became hugely popular as soon as it was launched in 2008. It started by depicting child bride Anandi, who is married off to an equally young boy Jagdish. It traced the journey of the girl, bound by the strict customs of her marital home.
The girl is sent to her parents’ house once she attains puberty, and the new story takes off after a five-year leap.
After five years, Anandi will now meet Jagiya on her 18th birthday celebrations.
- Pratyusha Banerjee steps in as Anandi on 'Balika Vadhu' - Jul 22, 2010
- 'Balika Vadhu' to take five year leap - Jun 24, 2010
- 'Balika Vadhu' celebrates 1,000th episode - May 15, 2012
- Jamshedpur girl to replace Avika Gor in 'Balika Vadhu' - Jun 26, 2010
- Age no bar to Avika Gor for essaying new roles - Jul 28, 2012
- 'Balika Vadhu' celebrates its 1,000th episode - May 15, 2012
- 'Ballika Vadhu' To Grow Up: Avika Gor To Leave Popular Serial - Jun 26, 2010
- I always dreamt of doing Anandi's role: Pratyusha Banerjee (Interview) - Jul 23, 2010
- Pratyusha Banerjee too skinny to look vulgar! - Jun 13, 2012
- Meet New Anandi In Tonight's Episode Of 'Balika Vadhu' - Jul 22, 2010
- Balika Vadhu: Will Anandi Be Able To Get Over Her Pain? - Dec 10, 2010
- Young to old overnight - generational leaps back on TV - Jun 29, 2010
- Sonu follows Baba Ramdev's health tips (TV Snippets) - Jul 21, 2010
- Bhandarkar amused over 'Fashion' copyright case (Movie Snippets) - Apr 13, 2012
- No work, all colourful play on Holi, say TV actors - Mar 06, 2012
Tags: 18th birthday, avika, banerjee, birthday celebrations, chemistry, child bride, child marriage, colors, customs, dedication, gor, journey, leap, marriage, New Delhi, pratyusha, puberty, shashank, showcase, vyas