Shania Twain inducted to Music Hall of FameJanuary 12th, 2011 - 10:40 am ICT by IANS
Toronto, Jan 12 (IANS) All-time best-selling female artist Shania Twain was Tuesday inducted to the Canadian Music Hall of Fame.According to the Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (CARAS), the country-pop singer will be formally inducted to the Hall of Fame at the Juno Awards in Toronto March 27.
The Juno Awards are Canada’s equivalent of the Grammy awards.
“Shania Twain revolutionized the look and sound of country music, and truly is one of the most accomplished and celebrated music artists of her era,” said Melanie Berry, president and CEO of CARAS, in a statement.
“We’re so proud to honour her at home in the Canadian Music Hall of Fame,” she said.
The top-selling female artist in history has sold more than 45 million album worldwide and won 12 Juno awards.
Twain has just married Swiss businessman Frederic Thiebaud who is the former husband of her former friend-cum-secretary Marie-Anne Thiebaud whom Twain later blamed for stealing her husband Lange.
Previously, Twain, 45, had married Lange, now 61, in 1993 and they have an eight-year-old son Eja. The couple produced Shania’s 1997 album ‘Come On Over’ which remains the best-selling female studio album to this day. They split in 2008.
Last year, Hello magazine had adjudged Shania as the ‘Most Beautiful Canadian.’
Born at Timmins - up north from Toronto, Twain is also set to have her own show ‘Why Not? With Shania Twain’ on Oprah Winfrey’s OWN cable channel.
She is also likely to release her autobiography this spring.
- Shania Twain To Grace Canadian Music Hall Of Fame! - Jan 12, 2011
- Shania Twain to marry man whose wife stole her husband - Dec 21, 2010
- Shania Twain And Robert "Matt" Lange: The Marriage Ends Officially - Jun 10, 2010
- Shania Twain's stalker taken into custody - Mar 30, 2011
- The New Man In Shania Twain's Life - Jun 12, 2010
- Shania Twain And Frederic Thiebaud Exchange Seaside Vows - Jan 04, 2011
- Canadian Pop Singer Shania Twain Engaged To Nestle Executive Frederic Thiebaud - Dec 21, 2010
- Shania Twain's Divorce Final As She 'Gets Close' With Mistress's Ex - Jun 10, 2010
- Shania Twain Is Happy To Marry Again! - Dec 21, 2010
- Shania Twain engaged to Frederic Thiebaud - Dec 21, 2010
- Shania Twain to make her comeback with a concert in Las Vegas - Jun 10, 2011
- Shania Twain gets engaged to the man whose wife stole her hubby - Dec 21, 2010
- Shania Twain marries - Jan 02, 2011
- Shania Twain Extremely Happy After Divorce Finalization - Jun 10, 2010
- Shania Twain weds the man whose wife stole her first hubby! - Jan 02, 2011
Tags: autobiography, cable channel, canadian academy of recording arts and sciences, canadian music hall of fame, country music, country pop, female artist, grammy awards, hall of fame, hello magazine, juno awards, music artists, music hall of fame, oprah winfrey, pop singer, shania twain, swiss businessman, thiebaud, timmins, toronto march