Shammi was a fabulous singer: LataAugust 14th, 2011 - 3:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 14 (IANS) Singing legend Lata Mangeshkar has remembered Shammi Kapoor as a big star and good human being and revealed that the late actor was a fabulous singer.
“I am very upset after hearing the demise of Shammiji. He was one of the biggest stars of Bollywood, but before that he was an outstanding human being. He was very lively and he was a very strong person. He used to handle difficulty situations very bravely,” Lata tweeted.
Shammi Kapoor, a star of the Hindi cinema in the 1950s and 1960s, died here Sunday morning. He was 79.
“He was on dialysis for years. He had to take the treatment thrice a week, but still he used to be cheerful. He used to attend functions as well. When we honoured him with the award in the name of my father (Deenanath Mangeshkar award in 2007) , he came to Pune. When he used to be off dialysis, he used to drive. He was a very good singer. He had learnt singing. He used to call me sister and his death has really upset me. I pray to god that his soul rests in peace,” she added.
- Shammiji told Jaya he's tired: Big B - Aug 15, 2011
- Shammi Kapoor is immortal: Amar Singh - Aug 15, 2011
- When Kapoor family recollected Shammi Kapoor's memory - Sep 05, 2011
- Veteran actor Shammi Kapoor is dead (Fourth Lead) - Aug 14, 2011
- Bollywood mourns lovable 'Junglee' Shammi Kapoor's death - Aug 14, 2011
- Politicians mourn Shammi Kapoor's death - Aug 14, 2011
- Shammi Kapoor's unforgettable affair with Kashmir - Aug 16, 2011
- Shammi Kapoor's surprise visit to Shaukat Azmi - Mar 15, 2011
- Shammi-ji has left behind lot of love: Ranbir - Sep 20, 2011
- There can never be a singer like Rafi: Lata Mangeshkar - Jul 31, 2011
- Lata Mangeshkar joins Javed Akhtar's fight for copyright - May 20, 2012
- Mehdi Hassan was outstanding: Lata Mangeshkar - Jun 13, 2012
- Shammi Kapoor's leading ladies will miss the star - Aug 14, 2011
- Lata felicitated on father's death anniversary - Apr 25, 2011
- I am incomplete without Rafi: Shammi Kapoor - Aug 01, 2010