Shakira sues former employeesAugust 12th, 2012 - 1:39 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 12 (IANS) Singer Shakira is taking legal action against two former employees over allegations of extortion and defamation.
The “Hips Don’t Lie” hitmaker said her ex-workers had threatened to release details about her private life if she didn’t give them 312,500 pounds, reports dailystar.co.uk.
The staffers, who had worked for the singer for 11 years, were recently sacked for undisclosed reasons.
“There is clear evidence of intentions to defame and cause harm to my client by taking advantage of her public persona and spotless personal reputation in exchange for money,” Shakira’s lawyer Exequiel A. Camerini told Colombian paper El Esplendor.
- Shakira not dancing at Chechen president's B-day gig - Sep 30, 2011
- Shakira signs deal with Jay-Z's firm - Feb 21, 2012
- Shakira's father pens down self-help book for parents - Dec 16, 2011
- Shakira donates $400,900 to rebuild Haiti school - Apr 02, 2011
- Shakira in Puerto Rico to be with boyfriend - Aug 14, 2012
- Shakira, Pique, a happy couple - Apr 17, 2011
- Shakira to return to Latin roots - Jul 07, 2010
- Shakira in trouble over music videoEntertainment/Showbiz - Aug 25, 2010
- Shakira identifies with Rafael Nadal - Feb 25, 2010
- Shakira launches second fragrance - Jun 14, 2011
- Get a glimplse of Shakira's life on reality show - Aug 16, 2010
- Shakira started hip shaking when she was 4! - May 25, 2010
- Fergie wants to set up cancer charity - Aug 07, 2011
- Shakira wants to get close with fans - Aug 13, 2010
- Rihanna slams sex tape reports - Aug 28, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,