Shakira is a hit in MexicoJuly 18th, 2011 - 5:06 pm ICT by IANS
Mexico, July 18 (IANS) Colombian singer Shakira enchanted some 150,000 fans in Mexico, at a concert where she paid tribute to the US group Metallica by interpreting their hit “Nothing else matters”.
People enjoyed an evening of her hits and other numbers lasting almost two hours in the southeastern city of Merida, reports the Spanish news agency EFE.
Accompanied by her boyfriend, soccer player Gerard Pique, the South American pop rock star went onstage and greeted the excited crowd with “Good evening, Merida! Tonight is yours!”
She then launched into a broad repertoire of her songs including “Pies descalzos”, “Te dejo Madrid”, “Hips don’t lie”, “La tortura”, “Loba” and “Antes de las seis”.
The concert wrapped up with Shakira’s famous hit “Waka waka”, which she popularized during the 2010 World Cup tourney in South Africa.
The crowning moment of the evening was when Shakira, along with her band, performed “Nothing else matters”, one of the big hits by the US heavy metal band.
- Shakira wraps up world tour in Puerto Rico - Oct 16, 2011
- Shakira hails Barcelona soccer club as model of teamwork - Jun 22, 2011
- Shakira sends autographed guitar to Venezuelan president - May 16, 2011
- Shakira says she watches every match of soccer star beau - Mar 07, 2012
- Shakira, footballer beau seal relationship with a kiss on mag cover - Mar 15, 2011
- Shakira and Gerard Pique seen holding hands - Feb 22, 2011
- NRJ Music Awards: Shakira, Lady Gaga And Justin Bieber Named Winners - Jan 24, 2011
- Shakira in Udaipur, fans excited - Nov 15, 2011
- Shakira finally confirms romance with her 'sunshine' Gerard Pique - Mar 30, 2011
- Shakira supporting Spain in World Cup final - Jul 10, 2010
- Shakira raises money to build schools - Nov 27, 2010
- Shakira, Pique, a happy couple - Apr 17, 2011
- Shakira spotted kissing new beau during loved up lunch - Apr 17, 2011
- Shakira's 'Waka Waka' official song for World Cup - Apr 29, 2010
- Shakira denies rumours of breakup with Pique - Oct 06, 2011
Tags: american pop, colombian singer, crowning moment, gerard pique, good evening, heavy metal band, hips don t lie, loba, metallica, nothing else matters, pies, pop rock, rock star, shakira, soccer player, south africa, southeastern city, spanish news agency, waka waka, world cup