Shakira buys Caribbean IslandSeptember 29th, 2011 - 6:37 am ICT by IANS
London, Sep 29 (IANS) Colombian singer Shakira and musician Roger Waters together bought a Caribbean island worth $16 million.
Shakira, 34, and Waters, 68, are reportedly hoping to “reinvent the concept of tourism” by building a set of luxury holiday homes on the island which will also include private beaches and a number of hotels.
“It’s not about having 200 speedboats and an 18-hole golf course. I would say it is an explosion of the senses. It’s a concept more related to art and culture,” femalefirst.co.uk quoted Arturo Rubinstein- a Miami-based investor involved in the project- as saying.
- Rachel Zoe's vintage pieces lost in transit - Jan 01, 2012
- Shakira in Puerto Rico to be with boyfriend - Aug 14, 2012
- Shakira launches second fragrance - Jun 14, 2011
- Julio Iglesias pays $15.2 mn for Miami mansion - Apr 10, 2012
- Monte-Carlo SBM to open beach club off UAE coast - Nov 13, 2010
- Elixir will reveal my sensuous side: Shakira - Jul 14, 2012
- Former Windies cricket manager in St. Kitts golf team - Oct 07, 2011
- Estefano relives shooting in a song - Jun 12, 2012
- Stewart buys two guitars for Pattinson - Dec 31, 2011
- Kate Hudson buys home worth $5.3 million - Jun 09, 2011
- Mandela bring down curtain on historic World Cup - Jul 12, 2010
- Winehouse had plans to adopt? - Aug 01, 2011
- Shakira's Homage To Haiti - Apr 13, 2010
- Goa campaign against 'water injustice' (Letter from Goa) - Jun 29, 2012
- Sean Kingston's condition is stable - Jun 01, 2011
Tags: art and culture, caribbean island, colombian singer, explosion, hole golf course, holiday homes, hotels, investor, london, luxury holiday, musician, private beaches, roger waters, rubinstein, senses, shakira, speedboats, tourism