“Shakespeare In Love” Sequel On The WayDecember 18th, 2010 - 7:42 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Dec 18, (THAINDIAN NEWS) All those who do not endorse the idea of sequel and remake may not be happy with it, but it is true that the cult favorite of several people, “Shakespeare In Love” is all set to make a comeback with its sequel. Miramax and the Weinstein Company have declared that they are on the verge of recreating the film. However, this is not the only film that they would be recreating. Other films like “Bad Santa” and “Rounders” are also in the pipeline.
Harvey Weinstein, the chief executive of Weinstein Co. confirmed the news on Thursday. He also said that “Shakespeare In Love” worked many times better than what they expected. According to him, this would be the right time for him to make a few more sequels and he is also making special efforts to head towards the television production business. However, even though the producer seems to be very happy with the decision, others have condemned it. According to them, the original movie is a such a masterpiece, that it needs no sequel at all.
Again, all those who are excited about the project are under the impression that the sequel will offer a little more excitement than the last one. Perhaps, the lovers would reunite in the next film. It would also give a chance to the producers to experiment with their gray matter and rewrite history in an interesting way. Other films that they are expected to be recreated are “The Amityville Horror”, “Bridget Jones’ Diary” and “Clerks”.
- Miramax Films shut down by Disney - Jan 30, 2010
- Disney calls off talks to sell Miramax - May 26, 2010
- Indian American actor held in $13 mn extortion plot - Aug 23, 2012
- Disney Ends Alliance With Miramax - Jan 29, 2010
- 'Bridget Jones's Diary' making a comeback - Aug 15, 2011
- Weinstein brothers sued for $50m for 'sabotaging' animated film - Mar 04, 2011
- Third Bridget Jones book announced - Mar 03, 2011
- Moore, Weinsteins settle 'Fahrenheit' suit - Feb 17, 2012
- Obama praises Hathaway, says she was best in 'Dark Knight' - Aug 07, 2012
- Disney Sells Miramax Studios For $660 Million To Filmyard Holdings - Jul 30, 2010
- Michael Moore Sues Weinstein Brothers Over "Fahrenheit 9/11" - Feb 08, 2011
- Hema Malini all for anti-ageing techniques (Movie Snippets) - Mar 17, 2012
- "The King's Speech" leads Oscar nominations - Jan 25, 2011
- 1 in 5 Hollywood films this year will be sequels - Feb 17, 2011
- Rob Lowe Planning To Buy Miramax? - Jul 08, 2010
Tags: Amityville Horror, bad santa, bridget jones diary, clerks, gray matter, harvey weinstein, kar, masterpiece, meena, miramax, right time, rounders, sequel, sequels, shakespeare, shakespeare in love, television production business, verge, weinstein co, weinstein company