Shahrukh Khan to market his latest flick ”Billu” in his own styleFebruary 12th, 2009 - 5:11 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Feb 12 (ANI): Bollywood actor Shahrukh Khan has said that he would promote his upcoming film ”Billu” in his own style and not to imitate anybody else’’s marketing strategy
Khan is extensively promoting ”Billu” that was earlier titled “Billu Barber””.
Satirical about use of means like cutting of hair to promote film marketing, Khan said that he would have his own way of film promotion.
“I am happy with the promotion of the film. Every film is promoted in a different way. We promoted Om Shanti Om in a different way; Chak De had a different marketing strategy. I don”t want to be imitate someone the way he or she cuts hair. We don”t copy. There will be innovative ways and every film will have a different way of marketing. But as far as I am concerned, I wouldn”t go and keep somebody else marketing as my standard. I will have my own way of breathing my film out,” said Khan.
Khan had to drop the word barber from the title of his home production house ”Red Chilly” after a section of hairdressers objected to the word barber terming it as derogatory.
“Billu Barber”” had recently run into rough weather as members of Hairdressers and Saloon Association had approached him with their ”genuine concerns” over the use of the word ”barber” and its Hindi translation ”hajaam”.
Not to invoke the wrath of any section of the society, Khan had said that he would not like to hurt the sentiments of the hairdressers and dropped the word barber from the title.
Further addressing the concerns of Hairdressers and Saloon Association and also in an innovative marketing strategy, Khan has invited selected barbers and hairstylists along with their spouses to the premiere of the film.
“The story is about hairdressers. So we want the hairdressers to watch the film with their spouses. Premieres are thronged by stars generally. We want the real stars (hairdressers) to come and watch the film,” said Khan.
Khan plays a popular Bollywood actor in `the film, which is about a village hairdresser and his friendship with a movie star.
“Billu Barber””, directed by Priyadarshan and produced by Khan, is all set for release around Valentine’’s Day.(ANI)
- ''Billu Barber'' will have no ''barber'' in title - Feb 09, 2009
- Bollywood formula: Controversy plus buzz equals publicity (Feature) - Aug 20, 2011
- Ranchi hairdressers get free tickets of Billu - Feb 18, 2009
- World looking at us through 'Bollywood window': Writer Mushtaq Sheikh - May 29, 2012
- Shah Rukh to invite barbers, hairstylists for 'Billu' premiere - Feb 11, 2009
- Big B touched by media's restraint (Movie Snippets) - Nov 09, 2011
- Now a free 'Billu' show for Ranchi hairdressers - Feb 17, 2009
- V-Day is not D-day for Shah Rukh's shoulder surgery - Feb 08, 2009
- 'Billu' - an ordinary man's extraordinary tale (Preview) - Feb 11, 2009
- Prayers for Shahrukh Khan''s speedy recovery - Feb 17, 2009
- Deepika, Priyadarshan bury the hatchet - Jan 12, 2012
- Barber murders customer over haircut - Jun 21, 2011
- I wish I had made 'RA.One' better: SRK - Jan 10, 2012
- Shahrukh Khan slams ''Slumdog Millionaire'' critics - Feb 09, 2009
- Berlin hosts Khan after Khan - Jan 28, 2011
Tags: barbers, billu, bollywood actor, film marketing, film promotion, flick, genuine concerns, hairstylists, hindi translation, innovative marketing, marketing strategy, om, premieres, real stars, rough weather, sentiments, shahrukh khan, upcoming film, wrath