Shahrukh Khan: A Division Bench Of Bombay High Court Dismisses Frivolous Petition Against The StarJanuary 29th, 2011 - 2:05 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
which was considered to be a heritage building and it was constructed in gross violation of the Coastal Regulation Zone or the CRZ according to the petition.
However the Bombay High court issued a statement citing that the PIL was a completely frivolous one and that it was a complete waste of time for the court officials. Thus in keeping to the rules the petitioner was charged with a cost for wasting the court’s precious time.
According to the petition the site where film star Shahrukh Khan had constructed his building was reserved for an Art Gallery thus SRK had flouted the rules.
According to reports the State Government had informed the court that the property had been officially been cleared off as the place reserved for the Art Gallery in 2000 and that SRK had purchased it only in 2003 and the construction was started only in 2006 thus it was not at all against any rules.
Thus, Prima Facie it stands that the petition was only a publicity oriented one and since the court has many important PIL’S to look into which the poor people have filed and are very crucial, such PIL’S as filed by the activist are of no value and would send the wrong signals to the common man. Thus a fine of Rs. 20,000 was imposed on the petitioner for wasting the court’s time.
– Sampurn Wire
- Notice to environment ministry on Adarsh society's plea - Feb 17, 2011
- Apex court dismisses lawyer's petition in Vodafone case (Lead) - Mar 02, 2012
- Adarsh demolition order challenged in court - Feb 15, 2011
- Demolish Adarsh building in three months: Jairam Ramesh (Roundup) - Jan 16, 2011
- Unauthorized construction: MCD must respond - Nov 02, 2011
- Maharashtra politicos cheer Adarsh demolition order - Jan 16, 2011
- Government gets Delhi High Court contempt notice - May 09, 2012
- Apex court issues guidelines to assess genuine PILs - Jan 20, 2010
- Pay in dollars if plea is found frivolous, court tells NRI - Dec 20, 2010
- Frivolous petitioner told to pay Rs.20,000 to Red Cross - Sep 21, 2010
- Supreme Court rejects petition to withhold IIT-JEE result (Lead) - May 25, 2010
- Court adjourns hearing on Jagan's assets - Aug 03, 2011
- SC moved challenging quashing of FIR against Yeddyurappa - Mar 21, 2012
- Gujarat High Court reserves verdict on civic poll - Jul 01, 2010
- Court recalls order of costs for frivolous lawsuit - Feb 04, 2011
Tags: activist, art gallery, bombay high court, common man, complete waste of time, court officials, crz, division bench, gross violation, heritage, petition, petitioner, pil, precious time, publicity, shahrukh khan, signals, state government, waste of time