Shahid, Priyanka’s ‘Uff’ moment at IIFA RocksJune 9th, 2012 - 8:44 am ICT by IANS
Singapore, June 9 (IANS) Actors Shahid Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra rocked the stage as they performed on song “Uff” from their upcoming film “Teri Meri Kahaani” at IIFA Rocks, a fashion and musical night organised as a part of ongoing 13th International Indian Film Academy Weekend and awards here.
The Esplanade concert hall was filled with excitement as Shahid brought Priyanka on stage and both of them matched steps on the song together.
The IIFA Rocks night saw a perfect blend of fashion and music with star-studded performances and ramp shows adding a dash of glamour to it.
Designers Varun Bahl, Masaba Gupta and Suneet Verma showcased their collections with star showstoppers.
While Nargis Fakhri and Vivek Oberoi walked for Bahl, Gupta had three showstoppers Shazahn Padamsee, Aditi Rao Hydari, and Zoa Morani. Verma’s show had a surprise showstopper in actress Bipasha Basu.
The event, organised by Wizcraft International Entertainment, saw some star-studded performances.
First on the stage was Shahid and Priyanka, and after that the baton went to Punjabi singer Mika Singh, who performed on songs like “Chinta ta ta”, “Pungi”, “Jugni”, Dhinka Chika and “Subah hone na de”.
Next up on stage was girl group Blush, composed of five members from the Philippines, India, Hong Kong, Japan, and South Korea.
Wearing maang tikas and bright shimmery outfits Alisha Budhrani, Angeli Flores, Ji Hae Lee, Natsuko (Nacho) Danjo, Victoria Chan, they performed on their songs “Love me” and “All star”.
Model-turned-actress Gauhar Khan grooved to her popular songs like “Jhalla” and “Chokra Jawan” from “Ishaqzaade”.
Shafqat Amanat Ali took to the stage and had the audience grooving to his tunes as he sang songs like “Mora saiyyan”, “Tum mile”, “Bin tere” and “Mitwa”.
Sonu Sood, Neha Dhupia and Hazel Keech of “Bodyguard” fame danced on “Aa Ante” from their upcoming film “Maximum”. The energetic performances by music composer duo Vishal-Shekhar brought the curtains down to the night of fun and frolic with songs like “Sheila ki jawaani”, “Chammak challo”, and “Bharat mata ki jai”
- Bollywood's young blood to rock IIFA in Singapore (Curtain Raiser) - Jun 06, 2012
- Ranbir, Vidya named best actors at Apsara Awards - Jan 26, 2012
- Zindagi Na, Rockstar dominate IIFA awards - Jun 10, 2012
- Priyanka's tributes to Rekha, Shahid's to southern songs - Jun 01, 2012
- Ranbir, Rishi shake a leg at IIFA - Jun 10, 2012
- Rishi, Ranbir to perform together at IIFA? - Jun 01, 2012
- With stars, dance, music - IIFA spreads Indian fever in Toronto (Review) - Jun 27, 2011
- When Toronto was Bolly-wooed and bowled over - Jun 27, 2011
- Zoya Akhtar's 'Zindagi Na..' sweeps IIFA technical awards - Jun 09, 2012
- Shah Rukh to perform at star-studded Apsara Awards (Lead) - Jan 10, 2011
- Chitrangada, Ayushmann excited to host IIFA Rocks - May 24, 2012
- Priyanka salutes woman power of music industry - Sep 23, 2011
- Priyanka pays tribute to Rekha at IIFA - Jun 10, 2012
- Vanakkam Chennai, says 'Chhammak challo' Kareena - Apr 03, 2012
- IPL rides high on glamour quotient at fifth season's opener (Lead) - Apr 04, 2012
Tags: bipasha basu, chokra, danjo, energetic performances, fakhri, jawan, jugni, masaba gupta, mika singh, morani, nargis, neha dhupia, priyanka chopra, pungi, shafqat amanat ali, shahid kapoor, sonu sood, subah, suneet verma, vivek oberoi