Shahid is the best: Avika GorOctober 27th, 2008 - 5:22 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 27 (IANS) Child actress Avika Gor, who shot with Shahid Kapur for his forthcoming film “Pathshala”, says it was a “dream come true” dancing with the Bollywood actor. “I have worked with Shahid and Ayesha Takia in ‘Pathshala’. Shahid is one of my favourite actors. It was my dream to dance with him. While shooting for the film, the dream came true. He is the best,” Avika told IANS by phone from Mumbai. She plays the bold character of Anandi in popular TV daily “Balika Vadhu”.
The 10-year-old actress, arguably the youngest daughter-in-law on Indian television today, has two films in hand - Ahmed Khan’s “Pathshala” and “Morning Walk”.
In “Pathshala”, she plays one among the six children who are taught dance by Shahid, who essays the role of an instructor. In “Morning Walk”, Avika is playing Anupam Kher and Sharmila Tagore’s granddaughter.
“Shahid even used to teach some dance steps to us,” she said.
The young actress is basking in the glory of success and feels happy when her friends at school call her ‘beendni’ (daughter-in-law in Marwari) and ‘nakchidi chuhiya’ (her petname on the show).
While on the sets of her show “Balika Vadhu”, she loves to talk a lot and study with her young co-star Avinash Mukherjee. She had also paired up with the 10-year-old actor earlier for NDTV Imagine’s fantasy show “Rajkumar Aryan”.
- Avika Gor's dream comes true!! - Apr 08, 2010
- Age no bar to Avika Gor for essaying new roles - Jul 28, 2012
- Bhandarkar amused over 'Fashion' copyright case (Movie Snippets) - Apr 13, 2012
- 'Balika Vadhu' to take five year leap - Jun 24, 2010
- Bipasha to walk the ramp with mother - Jul 31, 2011
- Shashank Vyas steps in as Jagiya on 'Balika Vadhu' - Aug 03, 2010
- I always dreamt of doing Anandi's role: Pratyusha Banerjee (Interview) - Jul 23, 2010
- Young to old overnight - generational leaps back on TV - Jun 29, 2010
- Small screen's Anandi glams up for 'Jhalak…' (With Image) - May 23, 2012
- Jamshedpur girl to replace Avika Gor in 'Balika Vadhu' - Jun 26, 2010
- Anandi Takes On Her Mother In 'Kitchen Champion' - Jun 23, 2010
- Unlike Balika Vadhu, Kashi has a social message: Jannat - Apr 10, 2010
- I love the attention, says 'Balika Vadhu' star - Aug 20, 2009
- Anandi, Teepri play with Barbie - Apr 16, 2010
- 'Ballika Vadhu' To Grow Up: Avika Gor To Leave Popular Serial - Jun 26, 2010