Shah Rukh’s six-pack abs put me to shame: Aditya NarayanJune 28th, 2008 - 11:10 am ICT by IANS
By Radhika Bhirani
New Delhi, June 28 (IANS) Superstar Shah Rukh Khan’s six-pack abs in “Om Shanti Om” gave a complex to many including 20-year-old Aditya Narayan, best known for hosting “Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge 2007″. He says he was ashamed of his paunch after seeing King Khan’s toned body. “When I saw Shah Rukh’s six-packs in ‘Dard-e-disco’ song in ‘Om Shanti Om’, I felt so ashamed. At 42, he is so fit, so popular and has so much money. And at such a young age, I had a paunch. I was so ashamed,” singer-actor-anchor Aditya told IANS over phone from Mumbai.
Aditya is set to host the new season of popular music reality show “Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2009″ that starts July 4 and he will be sporting a new look.
“I will look sexier this season. I have lost a lot of weight and I am also sporting a new hairstyle - a slight mohawk,” he said.
Aditya, son of well-known playback singer Udit Narayan, debuted as an anchor with “Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge 2007″ and later went on to host “Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L’il Champs” as well. He also won several television awards for his stint as a host.
And now he feels he doesn’t even need a script to anchor a show.
“I am 100 episodes old now and hosting is no longer a job for me. I don’t even feel the need of a script now. I have grown with the show and I am used to the way things happen on the sets,” he maintained.
Aditya is currently in his final year of graduation, and he says he has already been offered about 60 films.
“I will begin shooting for the first one around November-December, but I can’t disclose any details about it. Besides that, I have been offered about 50-60 films, but I have decided on only a couple of them. Actually, I’ve been getting more acting offers than singing,” he quipped.
As a child, Aditya sang alongside his father in “Akele Hum Akele Tum” in 1995 and then with Asha Bhosle in “Rangeela”. He shot to fame for his song “Chotta bachcha” in the 1996 film “Masoom”.
He also appeared in movies like “Pardes” and “Jab Pyaar Kisise Hota” as a child artiste.
Now set to become a full-fledged hero, Aditya is quite sure of the kind of films he wants to do.
“I want to do love stories, maybe college romance stories or some new genre. I don’t want to do offbeat films in the beginning; so commercial cinema is what I want to do first,” he said.
Whether commercial or offbeat, Aditya says he will sing for himself in his films.
- Manish Paul's forte - making sense out of nonsense (With Image) - Jul 06, 2012
- Aditya Is Back To Sa Re Ga Ma Pa, Daler Mehndi To Judge - May 28, 2010
- Shah Rukh feels Roman love (Movie Snippets) - Nov 02, 2010
- 'Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012' returns with new twists - Sep 12, 2012
- Purab Kohli quits as 'Sa Re Ga Ma...' host - Oct 05, 2010
- Feature: Where is Sa re ga ma pa challenge? - Mar 19, 2010
- SRK's promotional drive on small screen - Oct 02, 2011
- I prefer hosting reality shows: Jay Soni - Jul 27, 2012
- Zee TV’s SaReGaMaPa To Celebrate Christmas With Ghulam Ali And Mika - Dec 21, 2010
- TV will give face to my voice: singer Javed Ali - May 25, 2011
- Composers bring out the best in singers: Sajid-Wajid - Jun 15, 2010
- 'Sur Kshetra' no less than India-Pakistan cricket match: Reshammiya - Sep 12, 2012
- Mega Challenge gets its winner - Dec 12, 2009
- Afsha's trophy becomes too big to handle! - Dec 14, 2009
- Aditya Narayan croons four songs in debut film 'Shapit' - Feb 23, 2010
Tags: anchor, champs, disco song, king khan, mohawk, New Delhi, new hairstyle, paunch, playback singer, radhika, rangeela, reality show, sa re ga ma pa challenge 2007, shah rukh khan, six packs, stint, television awards, toned body, tum, udit narayan