Shah Rukh to visit Patna Dec 22?December 19th, 2011 - 1:41 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 19 (IANS) Shah Rukh Khan, who had to cancel his “Don 2 - The King Is Back” promotional trip to Patna for security reasons, will reportedly visit the Bihar capital Thursday. Filmmaker Prakash Jha says he takes the responsibility of security arrangements.
Last week, (December 13) SRK had to cancel his trip to Patna at the last minute and it left thousands of his fans bitterly disappointed. Patna District Magistrate Sanjay Kumar Singh says the information about security threat to SRK during Patna visit came from Prakash Jha’s multiplex Cinepolis, which is part of the Patna mall owned by him.
Efforts are now on to pinpoint the personnel at Cinepolis who misinformed Shah Rukh’s entourage regarding the security arrangements.
A source close to SRK’s entourage said: “This time we can’t afford any glitches. We don’t know why we were stopped from visiting Patna last week. But Shah Rukh is very keen not to disappoint his Patna fans.”
“He’s accommodated Patna into his tight schedule and he’ll be flying down from Lucknow to Patna on Thursday. This time we aren’t taking any risks. Yes, Shah Rukh won’t be meeting his fans at Mr Prakash Jha’s mall. The venue is being changed.”
Jha is very upset with the mega-star’s aborted visit to Bihar’s capital and says he’s willing to take personal charge of the security when SRK visits Patna this week.
“I feel outraged on a personal level and as a man from Bihar who has been trying to improve Bihar’s image in Bollywood. So many stars from Mumbai, including Bachchan Saab (Amitabh Bachchan), have been to Patna. I can’t understand why the security arrangements couldn’t be good enough,” said Jha angrily.
He added that the official organisers of Shah Rukh’s visit should have given the administration more time to prepare for the visit.
“The mall takes full responsibility for Shah Rukh’s security. I’d like him to know that during his visit to Patna his safety is my responsibility,” Jha said.
- Nitish Kumar is a simple and modest man: Big B - Aug 04, 2011
- Prakash Jha changes plan, opens his multiplex with 'Singham' - Jul 27, 2011
- Shakespearean farce or SRK's short fuse? B-Town debates - Jan 31, 2012
- Patna emerging luxe centre in eastern India - Sep 12, 2011
- When technology, Bollywood walked hand in hand (2011 in Retrospect) - Dec 17, 2011
- Will come soon, SRK assures Patna - Dec 16, 2011
- Badshah SRK gets grandest treatment in Toronto - Jun 25, 2011
- Salman, SRK war of words continues - Apr 02, 2012
- SRK not hosting Paris Hilton - Sep 24, 2011
- 'Don 2' team's Patna visit cancelled, SRK upset - Dec 13, 2011
- The many 'Shah Rukhis' of Vienna head for Berlin - Jan 20, 2012
- Shah Rukh Khan: The Hindrance On The Path of 'Tees Maar Khan' - Dec 21, 2010
- Prakash Jha 'surprised' over cancelled Lucknow show - Aug 04, 2011
- Shah Rukh's 'Don 2' promotional tour to start in Patna - Dec 12, 2011
- US embassy apologises for SRK frisking at New York (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
Tags: amitabh bachchan, bihar, cinepolis, district magistrate, entourage, filmmaker, glitches, lucknow, mega star, multiplex, mumbai, organisers, personal level, prakash jha, sanjay kumar, security arrangements, security reasons, security threat, shah rukh khan, tight schedule