Shah Rukh to perform at star-studded Apsara Awards (Lead)January 10th, 2011 - 4:37 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 10 (IANS) Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan will perform at the 6th edition of Chevrolet Apsara Film & Television Producers Guild Awards Tuesday. Katrina Kaif and Priyanka Chopra will also dance to their hit numbers, while Govinda will pay a tribute to veteran star Dharmendra at the ceremony.King Khan, who performed at the awards ceremony last year as well, will be giving the finale performance. Katrina will give her first stage performance ever since she has become a rage with sizzling number “Sheila ki jawaani” and “Desi girl” Priyanka Chopra will also groove to her popular songs.
“This year, the Apsara Awards look especially promising with some star studded performances. There is a spectacular line-up of stars from various sectors of the industry and we are really looking forward to the show,” filmmaker Ramesh Sippy, president of the Guild, said in a press statement.
A special highlight of the show, which is being produced by Wizcraft International Entertainment Pvt. Ltd, will be Govinda’s tribute to Dharmendra to celebrate 50 years as he will dance to the songs that made the latter actor iconic.
“With the performances at the Chevrolet Apsara Awards, we wanted to showcase the best talent in the industry. While we revere the veterans and well-established actors, we also promote the exciting new talent in the industry today,” said Sabbas Joseph, director, Wizcraft International.
Others like Gauahar Khan and Sri Lankan beauty Jacqueline Fernandez will also add some zing with their performances. In fact, Gauahar will also share the stage with fellow stage-actors Hussain Kuwajerwala and Kashmira Irani for a joint performance from the hit Bollywood musical - “Zangoora: The Gypsy Prince”, performed at the Gurgaon-based Kingdom of Dreams.
“Band Baaja Baraat” actress Anushka Sharma will also be among the star performers for the event, to be hosted by funnyman Sajid Khan.
The Apsara Film & Television Producers Guild Awards honours the achievements and efforts of Indian artistes in the field of entertainment. This year, the awards will be up for grabs in 30 different categories across TV, technical, creative and performance categories.
Shah Rukh-starrer “My Name Is Khan” is leading the nomination list of the awards among movies, while “Pavitra Rishta”, “Mann Ki Awaaz Pratigya” and “Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah” are among the TV shows with maximum nominations.
The ceremony will be broadcast on Colors TV channel later.
- Dabangg Rules At Apsara Awards Night This Year - Jan 12, 2011
- Ranbir, Vidya named best actors at Apsara Awards - Jan 26, 2012
- Salman's 'Dabangg' sweeps Apsara Awards - Jan 12, 2011
- Priyanka pays tribute to Rekha at IIFA - Jun 10, 2012
- 'Rockstar' leads Apsara Award nominations - Jan 20, 2012
- Farah Khan, Karan Johar to host Apsara Awards - Jan 23, 2012
- Shah Rukh, Shahid and Priyanka set to rock Durban - Jan 05, 2011
- SRK to perform on IIFA stage after seven years - Jun 16, 2011
- Shah Rukh to perform at awards function - Jan 05, 2010
- Indian cinema's centenary celebrations to begin at Apsara awards - Jan 18, 2012
- Salman, SRK vie for best actor award - Dec 30, 2011
- Salman named best actor, 'Dabangg' best film at Apsara Awards - Jan 12, 2011
- Shah Rukh, Priyanka bag top honours at Apsara Awards - Jan 09, 2010
- Shahid, Priyanka's 'Uff' moment at IIFA Rocks - Jun 09, 2012
- 'Dabangg' bags seven IIFA awards (Roundup) - Jun 26, 2011
Tags: actress anushka, awards ceremony, dharmendra, film television, international entertainment, irani, jacqueline fernandez, katrina kaif, king khan, kingdom of dreams, priyanka chopra, producers guild awards, sajid khan, shah rukh khan, sri lankan, stage actors, stage performance, star performers, television producers, zing