Shah Rukh to do daring stunts in ‘Don 2′June 14th, 2009 - 9:20 am ICT by IANS
By Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, June 14 (IANS) His shoulder surgery and Indian Premier League matches put him out of the silver screen action for a while. Now Shah Rukh Khan is all set to do daring stunts in the sequel to “Don - The Chase Begins Again”, though there will be no double role.
Director Farhan Akhtar will shoot “Don 2″ with the original star cast from May 2010 in Ireland and Berlin and says Shah Rukh will do some of the most heart-in-the-mouth stunts, making it his most audacious actioner yet.
“He’s always game for the audacious. But the health problems really frustrate him,” said Farhan referring to the superstar’s shoulder surgery this year.
Sources say there will be no double role for Shah Rukh in “Don 2″.
Shah Rukh underwent a successful arthroscopic surgery for acute pain in his left shoulder at the Breach Candy hospital here in February. He needed to rest for a month after the surgery, which had put on hold the filming of Karan Johar’s “My Name Is Khan” till March 14.
“This is why he allotted dates in 2009 to ‘My Name Is Khan’. It requires very little physical exertion whereas ‘Don 2′ is a kick-ass role,” said a source.
When the proposal to do the sequel first came up, the superstar was very sure it would have to go beyond the first part in terms of locales, action and drama. “Don 2″ will be the first Indian film to be shot in Dublin, Ireland.
“We’re shooting ‘Don 2′ in Dublin. No Indian film has been shot there. We want to make sure that the sequel goes ahead of the first film. While the first part was a remake (of the Amitabh Bachchan starrer ‘Don’), the sequel is an original script and would be much tougher to film for Shah Rukh and Farhan,” producer Ritesh Sidhwani told IANS.
And there’s Priyanka Chopra for company again. Though the actress has apparently been left out of “Dostana 2″, she’s very much part of “Don 2″.
“We’re very much going ahead with the original cast of Shah Rukh, Priyanka, Boman Irani, Arjun Rampal and Om Puri. Only those who died in the original won’t return, obviously,” said Sidhwani.
- Shah Rukh To Undergo Intense Preparation For Don 2 - Jun 13, 2009
- Shah Rukh returns in villainous avatar in 'Don 2' (IANS Preview) - Dec 20, 2011
- Shah Rukh's 'Don 2' promotional tour to start in Patna - Dec 12, 2011
- My audience believes I can fly: SRK - Dec 20, 2011
- 'Don 2' team's Patna visit cancelled, SRK upset - Dec 13, 2011
- I want to take 'Don' forward: Farhan Akhtar - Dec 20, 2011
- 'Don 2' is differently cool: SRK - Dec 12, 2011
- Indian cricket team to watch 'Don 2' in Melbourne - Dec 24, 2011
- A hit Bollywood producer reveals his golden rule - Apr 07, 2011
- Priyanka Chopra's 'Don 2' stunt double dies - Jul 12, 2011
- Haven't done anything wrong in 'Don 2': Ritesh Sidhwani - Nov 16, 2011
- Shah Rukh Khan Turns James Bond In Next Film - Nov 13, 2010
- Now, a video game on 'Don 2' - Dec 08, 2011
- Nervousness before film release is greatest high: SRK - Dec 21, 2011
- SRK eyeing global audience with 'Don 2'? - Jan 17, 2011
Tags: action and drama, acute pain, amitabh bachchan, arthroscopic surgery, boman irani, breach candy hospital, daring stunts, dublin ireland, indian film, karan johar, kick ass, left shoulder, original cast, original script, physical exertion, priyanka chopra, shah rukh khan, shoulder surgery, silver screen, subhash k jha