Shah Rukh starrer MNIK leads Filmfare nominationsJanuary 13th, 2011 - 9:16 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 13 (IANS) Shah Rukh Khan starrer “My Name Is Khan” Thursday got the maximum Filmfare nominations including best actor, best director for Karan Johar and best actress for Kajol.Other nominations include best film; best music for Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy; best lyricist for Niranjan Iyengar for the songs “Sajda” and “Noor-E-Khuda”; best playback singer (male) for Adnan Sami and Shankar Mahadevan for “Noor-E-Khuda”, and Rahat Fateh Ali Khan for “Sajda”; and Best singer (female) for Shreya Ghoshal for “Noor-E-Khuda”.
In a neck-to-neck race is Salman Khan’s corrupt cop saga “Dabangg” that has earned six nods for best film; best director for debutant Abhinav Kashyap; best actor for Salman; best music for Sajid-Wajid and Lalit Pandit; best lyrics for Faiz Anwar’s “Tere mast mast do nain” and best playback singer (female) singer for Mamta Sharma’s rustic rendition of “Munni badnam hui”.
Others to follow suit in the best film category are “Band Baaja Baarat”, “Peepli live” and “Udaan”.
Competing in the best director slot are also debutant Maneesh Sharma for “Band Baaja Baarat”, Sanjay Leela Bhansali for “Guzaarish”) and debutant Vikramaditya Motwane for “Udaan”.
Also in line for the best actor in a leading role award are Ajay Devgn for his performance in “Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai”, Hrithik Roshan for “Guzaarish” and Ranbir Kapoor for political thriller “Raajneeti”.
The best actress has competitors like Aishwarya Rai (”Guzaarish”), Anushka Sharma (”Band Baaja Baarat”), Kareena Kapoor (”Golmaal 3″) and Vidya Balan (”Ishqiya”) vying for the crown.
Rubbing shoulders in the best actor in a supporting role (male) are Arjun Rampal, Manoj Bajpayee and Nana Patekar for “Raajneeti”, Arshad Warsi for “Golmaal3 “, Emraan Hashmi for “Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai” and Ronit Roy for “Udaan”.
The best supporting actress (female) award has nominees like Amrita Puri (”Ayesha), Kareena Kapoor (”We Are Family”), Prachi Desai (”Once Upon…”), Ratna Pathak Shah (”Golmaal 3″) and Supriya Pathak Kapoor (”Khichdi - The Movie”).
The best music award has composers like Pritam Chakraborty for his score in “Once Upon…”, Vishal-Shekhar for “Anjaana Anjaani” and “I Hate Luv Storys”, and Vishal Bhardwaj for “Ishqiya”.
Best lyrics category also has stalwart Gulzar for “Dil to bachcha hai ji” and Vishal Dadlani for “Bin tere”.
In the playback singer (male) category, those nominated are Mohit Chauhan for “Pee loon”, Rahat Fateh Ali Khan for “Dil to bachcha hai ji” and Shafqat Amanat Ali Khan for “Bin tere”.
While in the best singer (female), those tussling it out are Shreya Ghoshal for “Bahara”; Sunidhi Chuhan for “Sheila ki jawani” and “Udi”.
The 56th Idea Filmmfare Awards 2010 will be held here Jan 29.
- 'Once Upon A Time…' leads IIFA nominations - Apr 02, 2011
- 'My Name Is Khan' leads Apsara Award nomination list - Jan 06, 2011
- Shahrukh Khan’s My Name Is Khan: Filmfare Nominations In Galore - Jan 14, 2011
- 'Dabangg' bags seven IIFA awards (Roundup) - Jun 26, 2011
- 'Dabangg' wins five at IIFA; Sonakshi, Ranvir win debut awards (Second Lead) - Jun 26, 2011
- 'Dabangg' bags four IIFA awards (Lead) - Jun 26, 2011
- Dabangg bags three IIFA awards - Jun 26, 2011
- 'Dabangg' bags six awards at IIFA (Third Lead) - Jun 26, 2011
- IIFA Awards: Bollywood stars cast spell on Toronto - Jun 23, 2011
- Shah Rukh, Sonam named worst actors at Golden Kela Awards - Mar 13, 2011
- My Favourites: Bollywood’s Filmmakers Pick Their 3 Favourite Films Of 2010 - Dec 31, 2010
- Salman's 'Dabangg' sweeps Apsara Awards - Jan 12, 2011
- Salman, Vidya win top honours at Star Screen Awards - Jan 07, 2011
- Check Out Nominees For Karbonn Mobiles 17th Annual Star Screen Awards - Jan 04, 2011
- Top 10 Bollywood songs (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 23, 2010
Tags: adnan sami, arshad warsi, best lyricist, corrupt cop, emraan hashmi, fateh ali khan, hrithik roshan, kareena kapoor, mast mast, playback singer, rahat fateh ali, rahat fateh ali khan, ronit roy, sajda, sanjay leela bhansali, shah rukh khan, shankar ehsaan loy, shankar mahadevan, vidya balan, vikramaditya