Shabana, Boman to act in Onir’s adaptation of ‘Hamlet’July 18th, 2008 - 7:55 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 18 (IANS) After working in Onir’s “Sorry Bhai”, Shabana Azmi and Boman Irani will be again seen together with the same director in a film that is an adaptation of Shakespeare’s “Hamlet”. “I am making a film adaptation of ‘Hamlet’, in which both Shabana and Boman will be there,” Onir told IANS.
“During the shooting of ‘Sorry Bhai’, we have developed an excellent rapport and we all want to work with each other. Besides, they are so brilliant actors that I am privileged to work with them,” said Onir who has directed films like “My Brother Nilkhil” and “Bas Ek Pal”.
Besides, the director is planning a few other projects that include an adaptation of Sai Paranjpe’s comedy film “Chashme Buddoor”, an adventurous movie titled “Kaash” which is at present in the scripting process, and an international project titled “Labyrinth” which will be a love story. He is co-writing the script with a German author.
Currently Onir, who has floated a production house “Anti Clock Films” with his actor friend Sanjay Suri, is busy with his ambitious project “Sorry Bhai” that stars Shabana, Boman, Sanjay, Chitrangada Singh and Sharman Joshi.
- Dhulia to direct Indian adaptation of 'Hamlet' - May 14, 2012
- Chitrangada Singh Plays An Aspiring Singer In 'Yeh Saali Zindagi' - Jan 31, 2011
- Communication gap with Nandita helped our chemistry in 'I AM': Purab - Apr 29, 2011
- Onir releases 'I AM' trailer on You Tube - Mar 27, 2011
- I never faced obstacles because of my sexual preference: Onir - Mar 13, 2011
- 'I Am' was most difficult to make: Onir - Mar 07, 2012
- Court stays release of 'Sorry Bhai' - Nov 26, 2008
- No connection between old, new 'Chashme Buddoor': Siddharth - Jul 26, 2012
- Akshay gorges on masala dosas (Movie Snippets) - Apr 30, 2012
- Cannes invites Onir to attend Producers Network - Mar 20, 2012
- Chitrangada happy with move to commercial cinema - Dec 17, 2011
- 'Sorry Bhai' - a breezy love triangle (Film Review - Rating: ***) - Nov 28, 2008
- Chitrangada a deadly mixture of looks, talent: Sanjay Suri (Film Snippets) - Dec 10, 2008
- Homosexuals wrongly portrayed in films: Filmmaker Onir - Jan 12, 2011
- Working with Aamir Khan is a treat: Sharman Joshi - Dec 06, 2008
Tags: ambitious project, bas ek pal, bhai, boman irchitrangada singh, brilliant actors, comedy film, film adaptation, german author, hamlet, labyrinth, love story, mumbai, onir, paranjpe, sanjay suri, shabana azmi, shakespeare, sharman joshi, writing the script