Shabana Azmi’s brother to direct Farhan AkhtarJanuary 18th, 2011 - 3:59 pm ICT by IANS
By Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, Jan 18 (IANS) Actor-director-producer Farhan Akhtar says he will act in Baba Azmi’s directorial debut after completing his sister Zoya’s “Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara”.”After Zoya’s film ‘Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara’, where I play one of the leads, releases I am starting another film as an actor to be directed by Baba Azmi. It’s a very different kind of character from what I’ve played so far. We start in July 2011,” said Farhan.
Moviemaking is in the family, and what a family! While Farhan’s dad Javed needs no introduction, the rest of his family including mom Honey and sister Zoya are also filmmakers. And of course Farhan’s step-mom Shabana, who is an very integral part of the Akhtar clan, is also a name to reckon with in acting.
An accomplished choreographer, Baba is Shabana’s brother and is known for his work in movies like “Tezaab” and “Mr India”.
Shedding more light on his directorial debut, Baba said: “The entire family has been egging me on to direct. I guess everything happens in its own time. Yes, I am directing a film that will star Farhan. His production house (Excel Entertainment) will produce the film.”
Prod him for more information on his directorial venture, and Baba said: “It’s a love story. I won’t be doing the cinematography, though. Handling both the camera and direction would be too much for me.”
Baba has chosen Ananyaka Bose to do the cinematography for his directorial debut.
“I’ve seen Ananya’s work in ‘Kites’, ‘Jhoom Baraabar Jhoom’ and ‘I Hate Luv Storys’. He lights up the screen and makes the actors look very glamorous. I think it’s very important for the actors to look good on screen.”
Curiously, the inhouse scripting maestro Javed has not written Baba’s directorial debut. A friend of Baba, Jagdish Acharya has penned the movie.
And no, neither Baba’s super-talented sister Shabana nor his actress wife Tanvi Aazmi have roles in his directorial debut.
“Shabana and Tanvi are such talented actors. I can’t just cast them in any role. My film has no part to justify their presence,” said Baba.
The hunt is on for a leading lady for Farhan in the film.
- Awards galore for family, Shabana delighted - Jan 26, 2012
- Sibling power rocks Bollywood (Aug 13 is Rakhi) - Aug 10, 2011
- Friends eased pain when parents divorced: Farhan Akhtar (Interview) - Jul 22, 2011
- B-Town showers love, birthday blessings on Farhan - Jan 09, 2012
- 'Zindagi Na...' sequel not necessary: Farhan Akhtar - Jun 11, 2012
- 'Sweetheart' Neil, 'darling' Sonam! (Movie Snippets) - Jul 07, 2011
- Farhan Akhtar thanks dad for dialogues - Jul 17, 2011
- No similarity between 'Zindagi Na...' and 'Dil Chahta Hai': Farhan - May 15, 2011
- 'Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara' a delightful film: Big B - Jul 26, 2011
- Farhan finds awards fair (Movie Snippets) - Jan 16, 2012
- B-Town wants "Zindagi Na..." to win best film award (Lead) - Jan 14, 2012
- B-Town wants "Zindagi Na..." to win best film award - Jan 14, 2012
- Link up report upsets Farhan Akhtar - Apr 18, 2011
- Bosco-Ceaser win National Award for 'Zindagi Na...' - Mar 07, 2012
- 'Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara', takes male bonding to another level (IANS Hindi Film Review) - Jul 16, 2011
Tags: bose, choreographer, cinematography, directorial debut, directorial venture, dobara, inhouse, jagdish acharya, javed, love story, moviemaking, mr india, own time, play one, shabana azmi, step mom, subhash k jha, talented sister, tezaab, zindagi