Shaan wants to stop alcohol promotion in movies (Movie snippets)May 28th, 2012 - 2:41 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 28 (IANS) Singer Shaan feels that films these days are portraying alcohol and smoking as a very normal thing and he wants this trend to be discouraged.
“There are a lot of songs being made even on alcohol these days which depict such things as easy and friendly. Every other scene today has someone having shots and enjoying. I think they should be more responsible and avoid drinking and smoking in movies,” the 39-year-old said here Sunday at an event for World No Tobacco Day.
Every year May 31 is observed as World No Tobacco Day.
Zarine may miss IIFA
Actress Zarine Khan is likely to miss this year’s International Indian Film Academy awards (IIFA) as her mother has not been keeping well.
“It’s too early to decide about IIFA because my mom is not keeping well. So, it really depends on her condition. If she gets better by then, then I might go. If not, then I’ll have to miss it,” the 24-year-old said here Sunday at an event for World No Tobacco Day.
Zarine’s last release was “Housefull 2″ and she is currently shooting for a Tamil film “Karikalan” and is also expected to be a part of “Partner 2.”
Parineeti and I are just friends: Jackky Bhagnani
Actor Jackky Bhagnani, who is being linked up with actress Parineeti Chopra, denies such reports, saying that they really are just friends.
“Nothing like that. I would not say we are just friends because then you will say that everyone says this. But I think we are just friends, she is a lovely girl. I have met her twice or thrice so there is nothing like that,” the 27-year-old said here Sunday.
“I saw ‘Ishaqzaade’ and I thought both Arjun Kapoor and Parineeti were outstanding and fabulous,” he added.
Jacky debuted in Bollywood with the 2009 film “Kal Kissne Dekha” and his second film “FALTU” did average business at the box office.
- Comparison with Salman makes Jackky happy - Aug 30, 2012
- 'F.A.L.T.U' not a dance film: Jackky Bhagnani - Jun 18, 2010
- Ishaqzaade' earns Rs. 4.54 crore on opening day - May 12, 2012
- Jackky-Pooja romance not a publicity gimmick! - Mar 07, 2011
- Akshay says no to Vashu Bhagnani’s Faltu - Oct 07, 2010
- My focus is on quality, not quantity: Zarine - Apr 07, 2012
- Jackky Bhagnani Celebrates With The Crew Of Faltu - Aug 07, 2010
- Parineeti Chopra now eyes IIFA award - Mar 31, 2012
- Parineeti in Priyanka's footsteps, only for 'Fashion' - May 19, 2012
- Jackky Bhagnani becomes gets nostalgic - Oct 03, 2009
- Actor should not have any limitations, says Parineeti - May 17, 2012
- Jackky to show off eight-pack abs in 'Ajab Gazabb Love' - Aug 30, 2012
- Sanjay bails out Jackky Bhagnani, signs 'Faltu' - Sep 18, 2009
- I hated Parineeti during our training days : Arjun Kapoor - Jul 20, 2012
- Surname doesn't matter, good work does: Arjun Kapoor - Jun 02, 2012
Tags: academy awards, actress, alcohol promotion, arjun kapoor, bollywood, box office, chopra, film academy, films, housefull, indian film, jacky, just friends, lovely girl, mom, singer shaan, snippets, tamil film, tobacco, zarine