Shaan seeks creative crowd-sourcing for ‘Naina’March 19th, 2012 - 7:39 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 19 (IANS) Singer Shaan has invited aspiring disc jockeys, sound engineers and composers to give a new twist to his father Bengali composer Manas Mukherjee’s song “Naina” with creative crowd-sourcing.
The popular singer wants to get a remixed version of his dad’s composition and has tied up with Talenthouse India for the initiative.
He is inviting enthusiasts to be part of his next music album and get a chance to be featured in the video. The winning entry will also be promoted along with full credit to the winner.
“‘Naina’ is a very beautiful and emotional song and is really close to my heart, as it is my father’s composition,” Shaan said in a press statement.
“With this creative invite, I’m looking at giving a music composer an opportunity to add that charm and pep to my dad’s work that would give it a dynamic sound,” he added.
He hopes to receive entries from all nooks and corners of India.
“I am looking forward to receiving entries from the remotest part of the country to the buzzing metros,” said Shaan, who picked “Naina” only as a special tribute to his father.
Shaan has been wooing the audience with his melodious voice and has sung for almost all Bollywood leading men including “Jab se tere naina” for Ranbir Kapoor, “Chaand sifarish” and “Behti hawa” for Aamir Khan and “Main hoon Don” for Shah Rukh Khan.
- Pony Verma uses crowdsourcing to find assistant - Apr 02, 2012
- Get a chance to redesign U2's album cover - Dec 08, 2011
- Shaan mulls marketing of new album - Jun 16, 2010
- Shaan brings Kishore Kumar's melodies alive - Mar 26, 2012
- Music, Bollywood glitter at 57th National Film Awards ceremony (Roundup) - Oct 22, 2010
- Khale a maestro till his last breath: Mahadevan - Sep 04, 2011
- '3 Idiots' music has youthful spunk, raw energy (IANS Music Review) - Nov 15, 2009
- Average score by Reshammia in 'Bodyguard' (IANS Music Review) - Jul 31, 2011
- Shamir Tandon set to launch anti-piracy song - Apr 25, 2012
- Shafqat wants youngsters to take songs to next generation - Jul 04, 2012
- Lack of freshness in 'Always Kabhi Kabhi' album (IANS Music Review) - May 22, 2011
- East-West blend is future of music industry: Sohail Sen - Aug 10, 2012
- Anita Dongre goes crowdsourcing way to find designer - May 02, 2012
- Anu Malik's daughter graduates to songwriting - Oct 06, 2011
- Shortcomings abound, 'Tezz' soundtrack still leaves a mark (IANS Music Review) - Apr 22, 2012
Tags: aamir khan, bengali, close to my heart, disc jockeys, dynamic sound, emotional song, hawa, leading men, manas mukherjee, melodious voice, music album, music composer, new twist, nooks, ranbir kapoor, remixed version, s song, shah rukh khan, singer shaan, sound engineers