Sexy tag irked young AlbaMay 16th, 2012 - 4:44 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, May 16 (IANS) Actress Jessica Alba didn’t like being typecast as a sexy, tough action girl when she was young, but says now she has come to terms with the image.
Alba’s breakthrough role was in James Cameron’s science fiction TV show “Dark Angel” and she donned a series of sexy outfits in it and was tagged ’sex icon’. The 31-year-old loved her years in the series but admits it took her a long time to shed the image and establish herself as a style queen.
“I had a show that premiered when I was 19. And right away, everyone formed a strong opinion about me because of the way I was marketed,” dailystar.co.uk quoted Alba as saying.
“I was supposed to be sexy, this tough action girl. That’s what people expected… I felt like I was being objectified, and it made me uncomfortable. I wanted to be chic and elegant,” she added.
However, the mother of two is now happy with her image.
“There are some women who dress for men. I dress for myself. It took me some time to get here. Being a mom and feeling grown-up have helped,” she said.
- I'm not bisexual: Nicki Minaj - Sep 06, 2012
- Alba shows off baby bump for magazine shoot - Jul 08, 2011
- Rihanna likes Victoria Beckham's fashion line - Feb 26, 2011
- Alba's daughter snatches things - May 03, 2012
- Stewart bullied for hairy legs - Jun 26, 2012
- Longoria opens about ex-husband - May 16, 2012
- Saldana upset over Vartan's kissing objection - Aug 26, 2011
- Jessica Alba jealous of Bundchen's post-baby body - Jul 14, 2011
- Hemsworth finds fatherhood amazing - May 15, 2012
- Perry ask fans for style advice - May 04, 2012
- Madonna's topless photos leaked online - Oct 08, 2011
- Alba signs movie as it empowers kids - Aug 19, 2011
- Jessica Alba goes nude for latest flick - Sep 24, 2010
- Jessica Alba is a strict mother - Feb 26, 2012
- Rihanna goes 'Geisha' for Coldplay video - Mar 25, 2012