Sex symbol tag embarrasses Emma WatsonFebruary 2nd, 2009 - 1:15 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 2 (ANI): Actress Emma Watson feels embarrassed being seen as a sex symbol.
The 18-year-old star, who rose to fame with her role of Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter films, admits that shes struggling to come to terms with the sexy tag.
She said that stylists had tried to put her in mini-skirts, and she had been flooded with offers to strip off in films, but she vowed never to get into it.
“I”m not just getting my kit off for anyone,” the Telegraph quoted her as telling the Mail on Sunday’’s Live magazine.
For the teen sensation, the idea of sexiness is that the less one reveals the more people can wonder.
Watson said that paparazzi would never see her in revealing clothes.
“I find this whole thing about being 18 and everyone expecting me to be this object. I find the whole concept of being ‘’sexy” embarrassing and confusing, she said.
“If I do a photo-shoot people desperately want to change me - dye my hair blonder, pluck my eyebrows, give me a fringe.
“Then there’’s the choice of clothes. I know everyone wants a picture of me in a mini-skirt. But that’’s not me. I feel uncomfortable. I”d never go out in a mini-skirt. It’’s nothing to do with protecting the Hermione image. I wouldn”t do that.
“Personally, I don”t actually think it’’s even that sexy. What’’s sexy about saying, ”I”m here with my boobs out and a short skirt…have a look at everything I”ve got”?
My idea of sexy is that less is more. The less you reveal the more people can wonder,” she added.
The only arty director she would strip for is Bernardo Bertolucci.
“I have no plans to do anything for the sake of it, or to shock people, she said.
“I might be willing to take my clothes off for a Bertolucci film, if it was a part that really made sense as part of my character.
But I wouldn”t do it just to make a point, to move on from Hermione. I”d hate to be so tactical. I”m not just getting my kit off for anyone,” she added. (ANI)
- Too famous to be in public: Emma Watson - Aug 21, 2012
- Indonesia mulls mini-skirt ban - Mar 29, 2012
- Men don't really ask me out: Emma Watson - Nov 07, 2010
- Initial college years weren't easy: Watson - Aug 18, 2012
- Michelle says she's too old for short skirts - Jul 31, 2009
- Chef Delia Smith used to flash her bottom at customers while waitressing - Jan 05, 2010
- Rihanna says she'd never pose naked for money - Nov 18, 2010
- Gemma Arterton comfortable with nudity, but only to a point - Apr 22, 2010
- What it's like being a supermodel in Pakistan - Apr 05, 2011
- Taylor Swift suffers wardrobe malfunction - Aug 17, 2011
- Emma Watson Feels Sick Of Her 'Harry Potter' Fortune - Nov 04, 2010
- Simpson wants women of all age group to wear her designs - Mar 29, 2011
- Emma Watson ready for life after 'Harry Potter' - Nov 15, 2010
- Samantha Bond vows 'never to strip on screen' - Nov 02, 2010
- Emma Watson says she will strip on-screen only if role demands - Dec 08, 2008
Tags: actress emma, bernardo bertolucci, bertolucci film, boobs, emma watson, eyebrows, feb 2, fringe, hermione granger, london feb, mail on sunday, mini skirt, mini skirts, old star, revealing clothes, sake, sex symbol, sexiness, short skirt, teen sensation