Sex education is an important subject, says RiteishSeptember 13th, 2012 - 2:47 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 13 (IANS) Riteish Deshmukh has turned producer with Marathi movie “Balak Palak”, which deals with curiosity about sex among adolescents. The actor says it is high time people should talk about it openly.
” ‘BP’ (’Balak Palak’) as a subject deals with such curiosity that leads them (children) to seeking answers in an absolutely adventurous and comical way. At the end of it, of course, there is a message - it’s about parents and teachers knowing the right time and the right way to handle the subject,” Riteish said.
“I think it’s about time we talk about these things and not beep words. Sex education is an important subject and I am glad that I had great sex education in my school,” he added.
Directed by Ravi Jadhav, “Balak Palak” is based on the Marathi play with the same name and the music has been composed by Vishal Dadlani and Shekhar Ravijani.
“I always thought that as I work in the Hindi film industry, so producing Hindi films will be easy because I understand the dynamics of Bollywood quite well. But when such a topic comes in front of you, you think that you should be associated with it in some way,” the 33-year-old said here Wednesday at the promo launch of the film.
- SRK wishes Riteish for production innings (Movie Snippets) - Sep 14, 2012
- Riteish Deshmukh to make Marathi movies - May 28, 2011
- 'Student of the Year' songs peppy, likeable (IANS Music Review) - Sep 10, 2012
- Bollywood mourns Vilasrao Deshmukh - Aug 14, 2012
- Vishal-Shekhar mesmerise with 'Shanghai' songs (IANS music review) - May 16, 2012
- Composer Vishal Dadlani claims harassment - Apr 18, 2012
- Big B abuses in 'Bbuddah...', but in amusing way! - Jun 21, 2011
- Censor beeps dialogue in 'Rowdy Rathore' trailer - Apr 03, 2012
- 'RA.One' music rocks (IANS Music Review) - Sep 16, 2011
- Vishal Dadlani ready to blow you away with 'Chammak challo' - Jun 01, 2011
- Bollywood wishes good health to Big B on b'day - Oct 11, 2010
- Marathi films richer than Hindi movies: Riteish Deshmukh - Apr 17, 2010
- Who is Girish Kulkarni? - Mar 12, 2012
- We suffer prejudices in Bollywood: Ekta Kapoor - Jul 03, 2012
- Kunal Kapoor's 'Luv Shuv Tey...' to come out in November (Movie Snippets) - Sep 12, 2012
Tags: adolescents, beep, bollywood, bp, curiosity, great sex, high time, hindi film industry, hindi films, launch, music, palak, parents and teachers, right time, riteish deshmukh, sex education, shekhar, subject deals, vishal dadlani