Set your priorities right: KarismaApril 4th, 2012 - 4:05 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 4 (IANS) Actress Karisma Kapoor, who had taken a break from films after marriage, says it is good to work provided you set your priorities right.
“I have taken a lot of break in the middle, which I really enjoyed. Taking care of kids and family was very important to me. That will always be my first priority,” said Karisma who is returning to movies after nine years.
“Now my daughter is older and she has started going to school, so I get time. If you work in moderation and prioritize, it’s good to work and be active,” the 37-year-old told reporters here at the launch of McDonalds Spongebob Happy Meal.
Karisma quit showbiz after marrying Delhi-based businessman Sanjay Kapur in 2003. They have two children - daughter Samaira and son Kiaan. Now she is making a comeback with Vikram Bhatt’s 3D film “Dangerous Ishq”.
Meanwhile, referring to younger sister Kareena’s comment that their grandfather Raj Kapoor was biased towards her, Karisma said: “I think she means it in a nice way. I was the first grandchild and then I had my grandfather’s eyes.
“I think there was a little gap and then Kareena, Ranbir and Riddhima came in quick succession. So, I was the special one for a while.”
Karisma will be seen as a supermodel in “Dangerous Ishq”, which also features model-turned-actor Rajneesh Duggal in the male lead. It is slated for a May release.
- Even I can't wait for Kareena's wedding: Karisma - Aug 26, 2012
- Comeback? The term should be abolished: Karisma Kapoor (Interview) - Aug 13, 2011
- 'Dangerous Ishq' teaser to arrive with Hollywood film - Jan 24, 2012
- I did women-centric films 10 years back: Karisma - Apr 05, 2012
- Kareena not getting married soon: Karisma - Aug 09, 2011
- Sonam faster, better than me on roads: Anil (Movie Snippets) - Apr 25, 2012
- Nothing can prepare a woman for motherhood: Karisma - Dec 08, 2011
- For family, I chose to do TV over movies: Karisma - Mar 18, 2012
- Karisma will make rocking comeback: Divya Dutta - Jan 05, 2012
- Karisma to play supermodel in Bhatt's next - Aug 22, 2011
- 'Dangerous Ishq' required actors with no image: Karisma - May 07, 2012
- Reliance Entertainment to co-produce 'Dangerous Ishq' - Oct 01, 2011
- KJo's starstruck moment with Meryl Streep (Movie Snippets) - Feb 27, 2012
- Karisma tired of answering about her Bollywood comeback - Jan 20, 2011
- My grandfather was biased towards Karisma: Kareena - Mar 28, 2012
Tags: 3d film, businessman, duggal, gap, happy meal, ishq, karisma kapoor, launch, little gap, mcdonalds, moderation, nine years, raj kapoor, ranbir, samaira, sanjay kapur, showbiz, sister kareena, supermodel, vikram bhatt