Sen Revilla: Francis M. a “Pinoy Pride”March 6th, 2009 - 9:44 pm ICT by GD
The King of Philippine rap, Francis Magalona was a “Pinoy pride” according to celebrity ans Sen. Ramon “Bong” Revilla Jr.
Maganola died on Friday of a multiple organ failure.
Revilla said in his condolence message that Philippines has lost an icon who used his art to inspire his countrymen, especially the youth, to remain patriotic, also adding, “The country has lost a modern-day artist, a nationalist in his own creative way. Francis M. used music and fashion to promote love of country among Filipino youth.” Revilla was a movie producer before he quit to enter politics and spoke about Magalona’s T-shirts that had only words and images of his love for his country.
He praised Magalona as a true icon who put up a brave fight against leukemia and lived a very productive life and said, “Ehemplo siya bilang isang Pilipinong nadapa sa mga pagsubok ng kabataan ngunit nakayang bumangon at paunlarin ang kakayahan (He is a model of a Filipino who fell down as a young man but stood up armed with his talent).”
Magalona’s death was announced on Eat Bulaga where he had been host for more than a decade. He left behind wife Pia Maria Arroyo Magalona and eight children, one oh who is celebrity Maxine Magalona. When the demise was announced friends of the Master Rapper thronged the Medical City Hospital in Mandaluyong City and one of them, Quezon City Vice Mayor Herebert Bautista commented that Magalona was “a great friend. He is a great loss to the industry.”
- China executes South African woman for drug smuggling - Dec 12, 2011
- Designer outfits for Filipino Olympians at London - Jun 20, 2012
- Indian wins Ramon Magasaysay Award - Jul 26, 2012
- Philippines lauds boxert Pacquiao despite defeat - Jun 10, 2012
- Australian abducted in Philippines - Dec 06, 2011
- Benigno Aquino III sworn in as Philippines' president - Jun 30, 2010
- India, Philippines sign culture agreement - Mar 15, 2011
- Adam Carolla Apologizes To The Filipino Society - Apr 06, 2010
- New Thai envoy vows to further enhance relations with the Philippines - Apr 29, 2011
- Filipino maids in Hong Kong sacked - Aug 25, 2010
- ADB urges Asian countries to undertake more reforms - May 04, 2012
- Five Indians held in Ghana - Feb 19, 2012
- Twin explosions rock Philippines (Lead) - Nov 09, 2009
- Man held in Sri Lanka with cocaine in belly - May 02, 2012
- Former Filipino cop hijacks bus, nine tourists released - Aug 23, 2010
Tags: arroyo, brave fight, condolence message, countrymen, filipino youth, francis magalona, kabataan, leukemia, maxine magalona, medical city, mga, organ failure, pinoy pride, productive life, quezon city, ramon bong revilla jr, revilla, siya, true icon, vice mayor