Sean Penns Milk named Best Political FilmDecember 11th, 2008 - 6:01 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Dec 11 (ANI): Milk, a 2008 American biographical film starring Sean Penn, has been named this years best political film.
Directed by Gus Van Sant, Milk is based on the life of the late American politician, Harvey Milk (Penn), who was a gay activist and the first openly gay man to be elected to public office in California as a member of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors, reports Politico.com.
Second on the list was Recount, an Emmy Award winning 2008 made-for-TV movie about the 2000 Presidential election in the United States, from an entirely Democratic point of perspective. This film is a fictional political drama written by Danny Strong, directed by Jay Roach, and produced by Kevin Spacey (who also stars in the film).
At number three was 2008 Frost/Nixon while Nothing but the Truth landed the fourth spot.
Che rounded off the top five.
The top ten political films of 2008 are:
4. Nothing but the Truth
6. Trouble the Water
8. Boogie Man
9. An American Carol
10. Iron Man (ANI)
- 'Milk' voted best gay movie of the decade - May 17, 2011
- Best picture Oscar nominees - Feb 20, 2009
- The Oscars India will watch closely - Feb 22, 2009
- Madonna "cried and cried" watching ex Penn in 'Milk' - May 04, 2010
- Los Angeles set for big Oscar night - Feb 23, 2009
- James Franco, Anne Hathaway to host 2011 Oscars - Nov 30, 2010
- Dustin Lance Black wins best original screenplay Oscar - Feb 23, 2009
- List of Oscar nominees - Feb 21, 2009
- 'Milk': Giving competition to 'Slumdog...' at Oscars (IANS Film Review; Rating: ****) - Feb 21, 2009
- Fox News'' list of ''Oscar nominations'' - Dec 28, 2008
- Top 10 films of the year - Dec 15, 2008
- Best actor Oscar nominees - Feb 20, 2009
- Boyle wins Best Director accolade at Directors Guild of America Awards - Feb 02, 2009
- Madonna wept watching Penn in 'Milk' - May 05, 2010
- Lautner to work with Gus Van Sant - Nov 03, 2011
Tags: american politician, biographical film, board of supervisors, boogie man, danny strong, emmy award, gay activist, gay man, gus van sant, harvey milk, iron man, jay roach, kevin spacey, nothing but the truth, political drama, political film, political films, san francisco board of supervisors, sean penn, trouble the water