Sean Penn files for legal separation from wifeApril 30th, 2009 - 11:19 am ICT by ANI
Washington, Apr 30 (ANI): Actor Sean Penn has filed for legal separation from his wife of 13 years, Robin Wright Penn.
He filed the papers last Friday, Extra first reported.
The 48-year-old actor initially filed for divorce in December 2007. However, the petition was later dismissed. Three days later, Wright Penn, 43, filed her own paperwork. But in April 2008, the couple’s divorce petition was dismissed at their request.
The couple has two children together, daughter Dylan Frances, 18, and son Hopper Jack, 15, reports Us magazine.
The duo appeared together at the Oscars in February, but the actor did not thank his wife in his acceptance speech for the Best Actor Oscar he received for Milk.
After the show, he told Oprah Winfrey that his gratitude for his wife was “implicit.”
“I wanted to keep things focused on the professional team around this movie,” he explained.
“Because with Robin comes my mother and my son and my daughter, and half of them will punish me if I mention them,” he had added. (ANI)
- Penn regrets not giving son stable upbringing - Jan 06, 2011
- Sean Penn, Robin Wright's divorce finalised - Aug 05, 2010
- Sean Penn's officially single after finalizing divorce - Aug 05, 2010
- My ex-wife is a ghost to me now: Sean Penn - Jun 04, 2010
- Wright Penn's Divorce Finalized - Aug 05, 2010
- Sean Penn, Robin Wright Penn reconciling again? - May 22, 2009
- Johansson moves in with Sean Penn? - Apr 15, 2011
- Sean Penn calls off divorce - May 22, 2009
- Sean Penn, Robin Wright agree on how to divide property upon divorce - Aug 20, 2009
- Robin Wright Penn files divorce against Sean Penn - Aug 19, 2009
- Scarlett Johansson, Sean Penn's cozy lunch date - Mar 02, 2011
- Sean Penn dismisses Jessica White reunion rumours - Jul 27, 2010
- Sean Penn files for divorce - Apr 30, 2009
- Sean Penn finds new love - Aug 26, 2011
- Sean Penn's son arrested - Nov 04, 2009
Tags: 13 years, acceptance speech, best actor oscar, divorce petition, gratitude, hopper, last friday, legal separation, oprah winfrey, oscars, paperwork, professional team, robin wright, robin wright penn, sean penn