Sean Parker Talks ‘The Social Network’ And Justin Timberlake’s CharacterOctober 3rd, 2010 - 8:12 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Oct 3, (THAINDIAN NEWS) This Friday saw the release of the much anticipated ‘The Social Network’ and the film is already creating waves in the box office. The film has already displaced the Michael Douglas-Shia LaBeoulf starrer ‘Wall Street’ sequel from the top spot in terms of collections this weekend. The film revolves around the story of Facebook co-founders Mark Zuckerberg and Eduardo Saverin. The film also stars ‘Sexy Back’ star Justin Timberlake, who plays the role of Sean Parker. Sean Parker is portrayed as a heartless businessman in the film, who hatches the plan with Mark Zuckerberg of ousting Eduardo Saverin from the venture.
Sean Parker revealed to the media that he was thrilled and excited at the prospect of Justin Timberlake playing his role in ‘The Social Network’. Most critics felt that he was portrayed as a ’sick’, ‘demented’ backstabber who had no feelings for other people. Sean Parker said that the ‘What Goes Around Comes Around’ star interacted with him during the filming of the movie. He said that he told Justin Timberlake that he will not be able to help him out much with the character that Aaron Sorkin had written. He explained that he was portrayed as negative character which he was not in real life.
The David Fincher directed venture has received a huge amount of hype over the months as it claims to tell the true story behind the Facebook sensation. In the film, Mark Zuckerberg has been shown as the nerd who takes several mean and selfish measures to ensure that others are ousted from the Facebook empire. Sean Parker comes in later in his life and the two decide to thwart Eduardo Saverin from the project. The film has already reached the $8 million mark in the box office.
- Rooney Mara Plays Erica Albright In 'The Social Network' - Oct 03, 2010
- Tyler Winklevoss Praises 'The Social Network' - Oct 03, 2010
- "The Social Network" Gets A Mixed Reaction - Oct 02, 2010
- Eduardo Saverin's Story In "The Social Network" - Oct 03, 2010
- Justin Timberlake defends Mark Zuckerberg over charity donation - Oct 10, 2010
- Hollywood film to portray Facebook boss as 'ruthless, untrustworthy sex maniac' - May 16, 2010
- Justin Timberlake was 'scared' to work on 'The Social Network' - Sep 26, 2010
- Justin Timberlake all set to prove his acting prowess - Oct 28, 2010
- "The Social Network" Creates Waves At Box Office - Oct 03, 2010
- Facebook six founders, investers in Forbes billionaire list - Mar 10, 2011
- Mark Zuckerberg's dad slams son's unfair portrayal in 'The Social Network' - Apr 09, 2011
- Andrew Garfield almost turned down 'The Social Network' role - Dec 28, 2010
- Why Justin Timberlake is not into Facebooking - Oct 16, 2010
- Cameron Winklevoss Talks About 'The Social Network' - Oct 03, 2010
- Andrew Garfield didn't expect 'The Social Network' to be exciting at first - Jan 23, 2011
Tags: aaron sorkin, backstabber, box office, businessman, david fincher, eduardo saverin, facebook, founders, hype, justin timberlake, kar, mark zuckerberg, meena, michael douglas, nerd, sensation, shia, true story, wall street, wall street sequel