Sean Connery says he has no knowledge of Swiss court summonsMarch 3rd, 2009 - 6:28 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, March 3 (ANI): Sir Sean Connery has contradicted reports claiming he had been summoned to a Swiss court over an alleged 50-million-pound scam.
The James Bond star was alleged to have landed in a legal row after lending a 4-million-dollar loan to French-Swiss property developer Jean-Rene in 1972.
The 78-year-old was accused of selling diamonds and property he received as collateral, when Rene, who passed away in 2002, failed to repay the money.
Renes son Christian was said to have filed a lawsuit against the Hollywood veteran, claiming he owed them money.
It was earlier reported that Connery had been summoned to provide evidence at a Switzerland court as part of the case.
However, the actors rep has insisted having no knowledge of the reported legal action.
“Sean knows nothing about this and so far he’’s received no summons to attend the court,” Contactmusic quoted the rep as saying. (ANI)
Tags: 50 million, actors, collateral, court summons, diamonds, dollar loan, hollywood, james bond star, jean rene, money, property developer, sean connery, sir sean connery, swiss court, switzerland, veteran