Scorsese, Madsen pay tribute to CarradineJune 5th, 2009 - 5:42 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, June 5 (ANI): Martin Scorsese and Michael Madsen have paid tribute to David Carradine, who passed away on June 4 aged 72.
Madsen, who co-starred with the Kill Bill villain, spoke of his close relationship with his late friend, who was found dead in a Bangkok hotel.
“David was one of the first actors I ever worked with when I started my career and the closest person to a brother that I ever had in my life. It is shocking to me that he is no longer with us,” Contactmusic quoted him as saying.
“I had been thinking about calling him for the last several days and advise anybody who has been thinking about reaching out to a loved one to do so. I have so many great memories of David that I wouldn’t even know where to begin. He has a very special place in my heart,” he added.
Director Scorsese, who worked with Carradine on 1972 movie Boxcar Bertha, also dubbed the Hollywood legend as a “wonderful spirit”.
He said: “I was deeply saddened by the news of David Carradine’s passing. We met when we made Boxcar Bertha together, almost 40 years ago. I have very fond memories of our time together on that picture and on Mean Streets, where he agreed to do a brief cameo. David was a great collaborator, a uniquely talented actor and a wonderful spirit. He loved movies, acting in movies, making movies and he was always extremely generous.” (ANI)
- Bollywood mourns death of filmmaker Raj Kanwar - Feb 03, 2012
- 'Gautam Rajadhyaksha was a pioneer in glamour photography' - Sep 13, 2011
- Kill Bill and Kung Fu star Carradine dead - Jun 05, 2009
- Dev Anand no more, film fraternity says 'abhi na jao chodkar' - Dec 04, 2011
- Hollywood actor David Carradine dead in Bangkok - Jun 05, 2009
- Philip Madoc dies at the age of 77 years - Mar 06, 2012
- Martin Scorsese Wins Golden Globes Again - Jan 18, 2010
- I'd love to act in RGV, Puri Jagannath films: Sibi Sathyaraj (With Images) - Feb 13, 2012
- I want to do something special for Pran saab: Arjun Rampal - Apr 26, 2012
- Tom Cruise wants to make movie with Beckham - Dec 15, 2011
- Prakash Raj main villain of 'Dabangg 2': Arbaaz - Oct 25, 2011
- Maguire's supportive message to 'Spider-Man' replacement - Dec 31, 2010
- It's one of the greatest highs to play a villain: SRK - Dec 19, 2011
- Kamlesh Gill thanks 'Vicky Donor' for making her famous - Apr 25, 2012
- Scorsese seeks Pacino, De Niro for Sintara movie - May 26, 2010
Tags: actors, bangkok hotel, boxcar bertha, cameo, collaborator, david carradine, director scorsese, fond memories, great memories, hollywood, hollywood legend, hotel david, kill bill, martin scorsese, mean streets, michael madsen, place in my heart, talented actor, tribute, villain