Scorsese, DiCaprio team up for ‘Shutter Island’November 14th, 2007 - 2:42 am ICT by admin
DiCaprio is in final talks to star as U.S. Marshal Teddy Daniels in the 1954 set drama, reports the Daily Variety.
The plot has DiCaprio’s character investigating the disappearance of a murderess who escapes from a hospital for the criminally insane and is presumed to be hiding on the remote Shutter Island.
Scouting will begin shortly on the film, which most likely will shoot in Massachusetts, Connecticut or Nova Scotia.
The project will be a co-production between Phoenix Pictures, Scorsese’s Sikelia and DiCaprio’s Appian Way banners.
Mike Medavoy, Arnold Messer, Brad Fischer and Scorsese will produce with Lehane, Kalogridis and Louis Phillips on board as executive producers.
“Shutter Island” was originally optioned in 2003 by Columbia. The option lapsed and Lehane’s Gersh reps resold it to Phoenix Pictures. (ANI)
- Ruffalo to star alongside DiCaprio in Scorseses Shutter Island - Nov 28, 2007
- Michelle Williams joins Leonardo DiCaprio in Shutter Island - Dec 07, 2007
- Kingsley joins DiCaprio in Scorseses Shutter Island - Dec 04, 2007
- Three more stars join DiCaprio, Kingsley in Shutter Island - Feb 27, 2008
- Movie Review - Shutter Island(2010) - Jun 05, 2010
- Shutter Island becomes Martin Scorsese's Top Movie Worldwide - May 22, 2010
- 'Shutter Island' Ending Explanation: A Sting In The Tail - Jun 10, 2010
- DiCaprio to star in film about online casinos - Jun 16, 2009
- Shutter Island trailer is out - Jun 11, 2009
- DiCaprio 'will act', Frank Sinatra 'will sing' in biopic - Feb 19, 2010
- Shutter Island to release in 2010 - Aug 25, 2009
- DiCaprio, Maguire, Hardy to produce new film - Aug 29, 2012
- "Shutter Island" To Release On February 2010 - Jan 18, 2010
- Shutter Island Touted As Leonardo DiCaprio's Most Intense Performance - Feb 20, 2010
- Dicaprio Hollywood's highest paid actor: Forbes - Aug 02, 2011