Schwarzenegger to star in ‘The Governator’April 1st, 2011 - 2:53 am ICT by IANS
London, April 1 (IANS) Actor Arnold Schwarzenegger is returning to the big screen as part of an animated film “The Governator”.
Schwarzenegger, who served as governor of California, is returning with a superhero TV series, developed in collaboration with comic book artist Stan Lee - creator of “Spider-Man”, the “X-Men” and “The Hulk”.
“When I ran for governor back in 2003 and I started hearing people talking about ‘The Governator’, I thought the word was so cool,” he told Entertainment Weekly magazine.
“The word Governator combined two worlds - the world of politics and the movie world. And the cartoon brings everything together. It combines the governor, the ‘Terminator’, the bodybuilding world, the ‘True Lies’ world,” he added.
“The Governator” character is loosely based on the action star’s past as a movie star, world champion bodybuilder, his persona when serving in office and combines all these things to create a fictional life for him when he leaves politics, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
- 'Terminator' Arnie to return as cartoon superhero 'Governator' - Apr 01, 2011
- 'Spider-Man' creator plans Chinese superhero - Jun 19, 2012
- Schwarzenegger back on 'Terminator' series - Apr 28, 2011
- Spider-Man creator to make new superhero for India! - Dec 23, 2011
- Indian artists join in creating Elvis Presley comic (With Images) - May 05, 2012
- Stan Lee Receives Hollywood Walk Of Fame Star - Jan 05, 2011
- Arnold Schwarzenegger inspects his larger-than-life clay sculpture - Feb 18, 2011
- It's now Professor Arnold Schwarzenegger! - Aug 03, 2012
- Legendary Stan Lee, Creator Of Landmark Comedic Books, Attains A Star In The Hollywood's Walk Of Fame - Jan 05, 2011
- 'Spider-Man' role is a dream come true: Andrew Garfield - Feb 01, 2011
- Brawn mania: Feast of superhero outings this summer - Jan 25, 2011
- Stan Lee ties with Yoshiki - Oct 17, 2010
- Schwarzenegger plans to return to acting - Nov 22, 2010
- Spider-man creator Stan Lee turns 87 today - Dec 28, 2009
- Arnold missed action during political stint - Jul 15, 2012
Tags: action star, animated film, april 1, arnold schwarzenegger, bodybuilding world, champion bodybuilder, comic book artist, entertainment weekly, entertainment weekly magazine, fictional life, governator, governor of california, hulk, movie star, stan lee, star world, true lies, two worlds, world champion, x men