Schwarzenegger returns to actingJanuary 19th, 2011 - 3:05 am ICT by IANS
London, Jan 19 (IANS) Actor-turned-politician Arnold Schwarzenegger is set to play a soldier in new movie “With Wings of Eagles” on his return to acting.The “Terminator” star took a break from the big screen to concentrate on his political career - working as the governor of California from November 2003 to January 2011 - but is now looking over scripts for new movies.
“Currently I’m reading three scripts. One script, which I considered a long time ago before governor, is delighting me particularly. In it I would play an older soldier, who gets the order at the ending of the war to kill a bunch of kids. But he doesn’t do it and gets them to safety at the risk of his life and it has all kind of adventure. This script is based on a true story,” contactmusic.com quoted him as saying.
The 63-year-old actor also revealed he is no longer able to do all the action roles that made him famous.
“In the future I have to adapt my roles to my age. Clint Eastwood also has done it in the same way. Extreme fighting or shooting is not possible anymore. I want to be more encouraged as an actor and I believe that I can manage this challenge. I am like a sponge, which is absorbing all the knowledge and always be willing to learn all new things,” he said.
- Arnie confirms his movie comeback - Jan 20, 2011
- Arnold Schwarzenegger’s Big Screen Comeback To Happen As A German Soldier - Jan 20, 2011
- Schwarzenegger to star in 'With Wings as Eagles' - Jan 20, 2011
- Arnold missed action during political stint - Jul 15, 2012
- Sylvester Stallone Plans To Take Up Direction - Jun 28, 2010
- Arnold Schwarzenegger might play sheriff in an upcoming movie - Apr 09, 2011
- Schwarzenegger back on 'Terminator' series - Apr 28, 2011
- Clint Eastwood's 'Go ahead, make my day' voted most iconic one-liner - Aug 23, 2010
- Schwarzenegger to meet former mistress, son - Jul 12, 2011
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Accepts Suggestions to Return to Acting - Feb 12, 2011
- Dame Judi Dench always wanted to work with Clint Eastwood - Jan 26, 2011
- Stallone plans to be full time director - Jun 25, 2010
- Schwarzenegger in talks for 'True Lies' sequel - Mar 23, 2011
- Schwarzenegger to star in 'The Governator' - Apr 01, 2011
- Arnold Schwarzenegger shoots for 'The Last Stand' - Nov 05, 2011
Tags: acting, actor turned politician, arnold schwarzenegger, clint eastwood, extreme fighting, governor of california, jan 19, london jan, long time, political career, risk, scripts, soldier, sponge, terminator, true story, wings of eagles