Schwarzenegger gorges on spicy dishes, naan in DelhiFebruary 3rd, 2012 - 1:39 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 3 (IANS) Spicy Indian food has found a fan in Hollywood action man Arnold Schwarzenegger. The actor relished some spicy Indian dishes and naan during his day-long visit to the capital for the 12th Delhi Sustainable Development Summit.
“Arnold Schwarzenegger seems to be a big foodie. I overheard him asking people for some good local cuisine and spicy food,” Rajiv Chhibber, manager corporate communications TERI, the organizers of the summit, told IANS.
And it seems Schwarzenegger did succeed in his quest to taste some good Indian food.
“Besides the food, I had a great time speaking to the Delhi Sustainability Summit. I’ll share the video as soon as I have it!” Schwarzenegger wrote on his Twitter page.
“I loved the food. I’ve loved my first trip to India. Here I am with the biggest piece of naan in Delhi. Thank you all, especially @andyz136, for the recommendation to eat at Bhukara. It was fantastic!” he further posted. The naan was specially made for him by the chefs at Bukhara.
Bhukara is a restaurant in Hotel Maurya Sheraton. Schwarzenegger’s excitement regarding Indian food was quite evident with his first tweet after landing in the capital, asking people to suggest him some good restaurants.
“Does anyone have some good restaurants or other tips?” Schwarzenegger tweeted.
- Which are Delhi's good restaurants, asks Arnie - Feb 02, 2012
- Culinary journey of Hindoostan on the canvas of Raj era (With Images) - Feb 05, 2012
- Schwarzenegger's warmth bowls over Indian fans - Feb 03, 2012
- Obama will have to dine Indian style at Bukhara - Oct 31, 2010
- Congrats Abhishek, we should get together: Arnie - Feb 03, 2012
- A hat-trick of presidential honour for ITC Maurya - Oct 25, 2010
- Schwarzenegger fails to turn up at event to award Abhishek (Lead) - Feb 03, 2012
- US president liked Maurya's special Obama Platter (Lead) - Nov 09, 2010
- Palak paneer to tandoori - Indian food a hit in Helsinki (Feature) (With Images) - Jun 28, 2012
- Chef's table week, unique concept taking root in India (With Images) - Feb 19, 2012
- Obama barely had time to sample platter - Nov 09, 2010
- Finns dig into malai kofta and masala chicken - Apr 03, 2011
- Abhishek to receive award from Arnie - Feb 01, 2012
- Indian platter goes casual; eateries reap bounty - Oct 23, 2011
- A window to Nigerian delicacies in Indian capital (With Images) - Aug 05, 2011
Tags: action man, arnold schwarzenegger, chefs, chhibber, corporate communications, delhi sustainable development, development summit, first trip, foodie, gorges, great time, hotel maurya sheraton, indian dishes, New Delhi, organizers, rajiv, spicy dishes, spicy food, spicy indian food, tweet