Schwarzenegger declares emergency in California over swine fluApril 30th, 2009 - 11:46 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 30 (IANS) Hollywood action hero-turned-California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has declared a state of emergency following the swine flu epidemic currently gripping America.
More than 10 cases of the killer flu have been reported in California and Schwarzenegger hopes his plea for help will cut through red tape and speed up attempts to respond to the new strain, which claimed the life of a Mexican infant in Texas April 27, reports contactmusic.com.
“While there is no need for alarm, it is the governor’s top priority to limit swine flu’s spread as quickly and effectively as possible,” read a statement from his office.
- We're going through a divorce: Schwarzenegger - Mar 07, 2012
- Arnold Schwarzenegger confirms return to acting - Feb 12, 2011
- Schwarzenegger in talks for 'True Lies' sequel - Mar 23, 2011
- It's now Professor Arnold Schwarzenegger! - Aug 03, 2012
- Schwarzenegger begs wife for second chance - May 28, 2011
- Abhishek to receive award from Arnie - Feb 01, 2012
- 'Expendables 2' a break from politics: Schwarzenegger - Aug 19, 2012
- 'Terminator Salvation' bruises Schwarzenegger's ego - May 27, 2009
- Arnold Schwarzenegger shoots for 'The Last Stand' - Nov 05, 2011
- Arnold Schwarzenegger to announce his TV series - Mar 25, 2011
- Jane Seymour says that Arnold Schwarzenegger has other love children as well - May 23, 2011
- Arnold Schwarzenegger all set to star in 'Terminator' - Apr 27, 2011
- Arnold missed action during political stint - Jul 15, 2012
- 'Law & Order' to take on Arnold Schwarzenegger's infidelity saga - Jul 20, 2011
- Schwarzenegger plans to return to acting - Nov 22, 2010
Tags: action hero, arnold schwarzenegger, attempts, california governor arnold, california governor arnold schwarzenegger, flu, governor arnold schwarzenegger, hollywood, killer flu, london, plea, red tape, state of emergency, swine flu epidemic, top priority