Schwarzenegger confirms presence in new ‘Terminator’ movieApril 26th, 2009 - 6:01 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 26 (IANS) Actor-turned-politician Arnold Schwarzenegger has confirmed his presence in the fourth instalment of the “Terminator” film.
The contactmusic.com reports that the actor prompted speculations that he would return to the franchise in 2008 when he was photographed on the sets of the movie title “Terminator Salvation”. Part four stars “The Dark Knight” star Christian Bale as the protagonist John Connor.
The reports sparked outrage among California citizens who feared that the Austrian-born star was abandoning his political responsibilities as California Governor to return to movies.
Schwarzenegger, however, has assured the people that his cameo appearance in the movie is only a footage spliced in from the original.
“I made it very clear that I don’t have the time to do the movie. I said that I would be willing to be in the movie if they get the technology together and so they are working on that right now,” he said.
“They would basically take technology out of ‘Terminator I’, and use that walk of mine and somehow bring it in (to the new film). It’s just a brief scene,” he added.
Schwarzenegger shot to fame playing the cyborg in the 1984 movie, and followed it up in 1991’s “Terminator 2: Judgment Day” and 2003’s “Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines”.
A fifth instalment of the movie is also in talks.
- Arnie to make digital cameo in new Terminator flick - Apr 25, 2009
- Linda Hamilton disappointed with 'Terminator Salvation' - Feb 05, 2010
- Arnold Schwarzenegger to star in another Terminator film? - Feb 16, 2011
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Declines Working As A Fluffer - May 01, 2010
- Schwarzenegger to return to acting - Jan 02, 2011
- Arnie to reprise Terminator role? - Sep 14, 2008
- Arnold Schwarzenegger, Maria Shriver split after 25 years - May 10, 2011
- Arnie denies 'fluffer' job claim - Apr 30, 2010
- Arnold missed action during political stint - Jul 15, 2012
- Schwarzenegger to star in 'The Governator' - Apr 01, 2011
- Arnold Schwarzenegger shoots for 'The Last Stand' - Nov 05, 2011
- Bale wanted Arnold to be a part of 'Terminator Salvation' - May 22, 2009
- Arnie may return to acting - Jan 04, 2011
- Arnie planning to reprise his career as Hollywood action hero - Feb 11, 2011
- 'Terminator Salvation' bruises Schwarzenegger's ego - May 27, 2009
Tags: actor turned politician, arnold schwarzenegger, born star, california citizens, california governor, cameo appearance, christian bale, cyborg, dark knight, fifth instalment, four stars, john connor, new film, political responsibilities, rise of the machines, speculations, terminator 2, terminator 2 judgment day, terminator 3, terminator 3 rise of the machines