School sex scandal disappoints Oprah WinfreyApril 1st, 2009 - 11:00 am ICT by Sampurn Wire
Oprah Winfrey is disappointed due to the sex scandal news coming out of her South Africa girls school. Few students of the school are been accused of sexually harassing fellow schoolmates after allegedly being caught fondling each other.
A letter to the parents of one of the seven accused 15-year-old reads: “You have been found guilty of physical contact of a sexual nature with another pupil on campus, harassment, bullying other girls on campus and of being dishonest by not telling investigators the whole truth.
In a statement, released on Tuesday (31Mar09), Winfrey said, “I’m disappointed that several of our students chose to disregard the school’s rules.
“It’s disheartening when any student has to be suspended or expelled and it’s a process that involves serious review and consideration. We insist on maintaining a campus environment that commands mutual respect, fosters academic excellence and encourages learners to fulfill their best potential.”
But she insists the world’s media is making more of the scandal since her name is attached to the school.
Oprah adds, “Indiscretions resulting in disciplinary action are common in schools all over the world. Unfortunately, because of my name these common infractions place the Academy in the media spotlight.” - Sampurn Media
- Second sex scandal in South African school 'disappoints' Oprah - Apr 01, 2009
- Police investigate death of baby at Oprah Winfrey's South African school - Feb 22, 2011
- Newborn's body found in Oprah Winfrey's school - Feb 20, 2011
- Winfrey 'disappointed' as ex-matron cleared of sexual abuse charges - Oct 12, 2010
- Oprah Disappointed At Acquittal of Former School Matron - Oct 12, 2010
- Winfrey not to shut down her girls' school in South Africa - Jul 03, 2009
- Winfrey dismisses 'isolating accused South African students' claims - Apr 08, 2009
- Oprah's school lands in second sex scandal in 2 years - Mar 31, 2009
- Oprah Settles defamation suit outside court - Mar 25, 2010
- Oprah Winfrey disappointed over acquittal of a women who was accused of abusing children - Oct 13, 2010
- Former matron of Winfrey's school cleared of sexual abuse charges - Oct 12, 2010
- There should be zero tolerance for digital bullying: Expert - Dec 30, 2010
- Oprah Winfrey plans to be a high school teacher - Jul 07, 2011
- Bangladesh students protest against rampant 'eve teasing, sexual harassment of women ' - Nov 04, 2010
- Winfrey to teach school students - Jul 07, 2011
Tags: academic excellence, campus environment, disciplinary action, fellow schoolmates, girls school, harassment, infractions, investigators, learners, media spotlight, mutual respect, oprah winfrey, pupil, s media, scandal news, school sex, sex scandal, sexual nature, whole truth, winfrey oprah