Scary and Ginger Spice reveal their bulimia bluesJanuary 5th, 2008 - 12:17 pm ICT by admin
New York, Jan 5 (ANI): Spice Girls Geri Halliwell and Melanie Chisholm have confessed that both of them suffered from the eating disorder bulimia while the band was at its peak.
Both Ginger Spice and Scary Spice, in a new TV documentary about the girl bands recent reunion, revealed the effects of the disorder on themselves and the rest of the Spice Girls.
“My biggest, biggest fear, and it made me feel nauseous just thinking about it, was that the papers were going to say I’d put on weight. All through the Spice Girls I was terribly in control of what I was eating. I wasn’t eating properly and I was over exercising. I was very skinny. I found having an eating disorder really embarrassing, New York Post quoted Mel C., as saying in the television special.
However, the other bandmates did notice that something was wrong, but they were oblivious of how grave the problem was.
In fact, Posh Spice, who battled rumours of an eating disorder in the past, regretted that she could not be of any help to Melanie while she was combating alone with the problem.
“I feel ashamed of myself that I didn’t give Melanie C. more time. I didn’t realize she had the issues that she had, Posh admitted.
Meanwhile, Mel B. said that she was not very comfortable in discussing the issues with her friends cum bandmates.
“Even though we were that close, there were certain things you just don’t talk about unless you feel there’s a window in there, she said. (ANI)
- Victoria left reunion party early for daughter - Jun 27, 2012
- Spice Girls to unite again for Olympic closing ceremony (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Spice Girls divided over plans to release album of unheard songs - Mar 03, 2011
- Spice girls still best friends - Aug 04, 2012
- Mel C regrets permanent tattoos - Jun 29, 2012
- Victoria back with Spice Girls for musical launch - Jun 25, 2012
- Spice Girls to auction iconic clothes - Jun 29, 2012
- No tour for Spice Girls: Mel C - Sep 05, 2011
- Spice Girls call fan support for Olympics 2012 gig - Oct 18, 2010
- Mel B wants another 'Spice Girls' reunion - Mar 20, 2011
- Halliwell to create another 'Spice Girls'? - Aug 09, 2010
- Posh is like Marmite, says Ginger Spice - Apr 02, 2010
- Mel C wants more children - Mar 07, 2010
- Mel C wants Spice Girls to perform at 2012 Olympics - Nov 14, 2010
- Spice Girls To Perform In 2012 Olympic Games - Oct 19, 2010
Tags: bandmates, bulimia, eating disorder, fear, ginger, ginger spice, girl bands, mel b, mel c, melanie c, melanie chisholm, new tv, new york post, posh spice, scary spice, spice girls, television, tv documentary