Saurabh Pandey turns out to be a real life action heroApril 21st, 2009 - 8:56 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
“Shaurya Aur Suhani’
Every Sat and Sun at 8 pm as STAR PLUS
Saurabh Pandey, who plays the brave Shaurya in Star Plus’s latest offing “Shaurya Aur Suhani’, likes to take up the risk and perform his own stunts. Saurabh has it all to be an action hero and he enjoys doing almost all the dangerous action sequences himself on the sets of the show.
When asked about why he prefers to do his own stunts Saurabh says, “The reason why I prefer to do my own stunts is that I feel stunts and action are also a part of acting and the language or the feel with which I would perform the stunt would be in sync with the character which might not be the same if some one else does it, in simple words I feel that I wouldn’t do justice to the action sequence if I am not doing it myself”.
“The scariest one was when I had to get into a pond along with an elephant and had to give him a bath; I just love animals and know how they react in different situations. I was a bit unsure about this sequence because elephants don’t like to be disturbed when they are in water, but since the sequence was really important in terms of building Shaurya’s character I took my chances and thankfully the elephant didn’t get bothered much with my presence inside the pond.”
“Another incident was when I was suppose to take a giant leap while riding the horse. The action was scheduled later in the day and at that time I was a bit unwell, I tried a few short practice leaps before the actual shot but the real one was just not happening. The unit suggested that let the stuntman do the stunt but I felt that I could do it and then finally at around 6th or the 7th attempt I finally made it.”
The onlookers were amazed when the star rejected the services of a stuntman and decided to take the flying leap himself. He took a few tumbles but, after several gutsy attempts, the star got the shot right at the end.
Not just this, Saurabh is always involved in any kind of action sequence that’s going on the sets, be it people riding horses or doing a sword fight, he is always there to give a tip or two to his co-stars.
Mentioning about his role in the serial he said that Shaurya is a savior of the poor and the weak, he cannot stand injustice and stands against the atrocities of the evil king. In real life as well Saurabh has been a lot like a savior.
The actor adds “I can recall an incident where we were shooting a sequence where a prince is coming on a chariot and I was suppose to attack the convoy along with my friends, the sequence went ugly since one of the wheels of the chariot broke and the Horse became uncontrollable and ran towards the trees. The entire cast and crew moved aside, but one of the actors got stuck in the chariot and we all were really scared. I immediately ran towards the chariot and got my co-actor out of the trap just in time. He suffered a few injuries but thankfully nothing major happened, I always tend to keep my first aid kit with my self and that day it came really handy.”
Talking about his co- star Sriti Jha, who plays Princess Suhani in the serial Saurabh said, “Sriti and I share a very good on screen Chemistry, people have also liked our chemistry before and I am sure its going to do wonders this time as well. Sriti is a very dear friend and we always have this one-up man ship between us, as to who will perform better, she is a fine actress and I believe we both compliment each other while facing the camera.” -Sampurn Media
- 'Where goddesses are worshipped, women are treated badly' (With Image) - Jan 31, 2012
- Shaurya shot 'Krrish 3' action scenes without stunt double - Aug 01, 2012
- Shaurya's rescue act - Apr 12, 2009
- Sphere Origins come up with- Shaurya and Suhani - Mar 20, 2009
- "Playing A Blind Girl's Role Is More Challenging", Srithi Jha - Jun 21, 2010
- No more action films, vows Kareena Kapoor - Feb 07, 2012
- I really get along very well with Vikrant Massey - Sriti Jha - Apr 29, 2009
- Depp struggles with horse riding - Jul 02, 2012
- Jacqueline trains hard for 'Race 2' action scenes - May 05, 2012
- Shaurya pe hua attack - girls ka - Jun 16, 2009
- Bollywood in action: Death spotlights safety measures - Apr 14, 2012
- STAR Plus unveils the adventures of - Mar 19, 2009
- Stuntman dies in Bulgaria while filming 'The Expendables 2' - Oct 28, 2011
- Diaz impressed with Cruise's stunts - Jun 02, 2010
- Stuntman injured on set of 'Hangover' sequel receiving "advanced care" - Dec 29, 2010
Tags: action hero, action sequence, action sequences, animals, attempts, aur, dangerous action, elephant, elephants, giant leap, leaps, onlookers, presence, risk, shaurya, stuntman, stunts, sun, sync, tumbles