‘Satyamev Jayate’ in copyright trouble with EuphoriaMay 7th, 2012 - 11:14 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 7 (IANS) Aamir Khan’s show “Satyamev Jayate”, which has garnered a positive response from TV viewers, has got stuck in a copyright issue filed against Ram Sampath, the music composer of the title track, by Palash Sen the lead singer of Euphoria.
According to reports, Sen claims that the chorus of the song “Satyamev Jayate” has been lifted from his band’s old song which was also named “Satyamev Jayate”. The band has requested the team of “Satyamev Jayate” to give them credit for the song.
Music composer Ram Sampath claims his team is preparing for a strong fitting reply and has requested people to listen to the two songs before jumping to conclusions.
“‘Satyamev Jayate’ is a show that raises important, pertinent issues of national concern and I would not like attention to be diverted from them. Therefore, I am more than happy to clear my name in court as I have great faith in the Indian judiciary. Our team is preparing a strong fitting reply. I also request people to listen to the two songs before jumping to conclusions,” Ram Sampath said in a statement.
Palash Sen’s PR Manager said: “Since the band has been touring and performing at concerts we got to know about it late. A fan posted it on the Facebook page and that is how we got to know about it. We sent a legal notice to Star India and Aamir Khan Productions on Saturday.”
“We have not yet received any response on it. Our legal team will be in touch with their legal advisers. We just want them to give us credit because the entire song is around the chorus of our song “Satyamev Jayate” from our album in the year,” Sen’s PR Manager added.
- Meant for private, national channels, Aamir's show to make history - Apr 13, 2012
- Aamir, Prasoon Joshi making 50 shorts on malnutrition - May 07, 2012
- About 100,000 people dialled in to speak to Aamir (Lead) - May 08, 2012
- About 100,000 people dialled in to speak to Aamir - May 08, 2012
- Sukhwinder sings for Aamir's TV show - Mar 18, 2012
- Concept of marriage has changed for better: Aamir Khan - Jul 01, 2012
- It's was Bollywood calling for Haldipur brothers - Jul 10, 2011
- 'Satyamev Jayate' grows more popular than Aamir! - May 14, 2012
- Sampath hits back at Anubhav Sinha for slamming 'DK Bose' - Jun 06, 2011
- In Ram Sampat, I predict that a star is born: Aamir Khan - May 29, 2011
- 'D.K. Bose' is an anthem now: Kiran Rao - Jun 04, 2011
- Aamir's 'Satyamev Jayate' top five trends on Twitter - May 06, 2012
- 'Satyamev Jayate' official site crashes - May 06, 2012
- Severely punish culprits of female foeticide: Aamir - Jul 11, 2012
- Aamir's 'Satyamev...' ends with aplomb - Jul 29, 2012
Tags: aamir khan, concerts, copyright issue, euphoria, great faith, India, indian judiciary, jumping to conclusions, lead singer, legal advisers, mumbai, music composer, national concern, palash sen, pertinent issues, pr manager, reply, song music, tv viewers, two songs