‘Satyamev Jayate’ first episode marks 90 mn viewershipMay 16th, 2012 - 8:03 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 16 (IANS) “Satyamev Jayate”, the much-talked about TV show of Bollywood star Aamir Khan, in its launch episode was viewed by 90 million people and was the highest rated show with 4.1 television rating (TVR), according to Television Audience Measurement (TAM) data.
The first episode, which talked about female foeticide, reached out to 2.67 crore viewers, reported TAM. This, extrapolated to an all India (including urban and rural viewers) reach with Indian Readership Survey (IRS), means that over 90 million viewers tuned in to watch the episode.
“Satyamev Jayate” recorded a 4.1 TVR (TAM, All India that includes viewers over four years old) debuting ahead of “Kaun Banega Crorepati 5″, which registered a 3.5 TVR in 2011. The data covered the entire Indian market, including cable and terrestrial homes, where only DD is beamed.
The first episode of “Satyamev Jayate” was aired May 6 in eight languages on nine channels, including seven STAR TV network channels, ETV Telugu and national broadcaster DD1.
The show has seen huge positive sentiment across viewers. It has generated much buzz on internet with “Satyamev Jayate” recording more popularity than its host Aamir on search engine Google India. It also trended on Twitter, occupying the top five slots out of 10.
The show airs every Sunday at 11 a.m.
- Aamir doing fantastic job with 'Satyamev Jayate': Ritesh Sidhwani - May 21, 2012
- About 100,000 people dialled in to speak to Aamir (Lead) - May 08, 2012
- About 100,000 people dialled in to speak to Aamir - May 08, 2012
- Aamir's 'Satyamev Jayate' top five trends on Twitter - May 06, 2012
- 'KBC 6' opener gets record-breaking 6.1 rating - Sep 12, 2012
- 'Satyamev Jayate' official site crashes - May 06, 2012
- 'Satyamev Jayate' grows more popular than Aamir! - May 14, 2012
- Parliamentary panel invites Aamir for inputs on medical issues - Jun 18, 2012
- Social issues fine, but no politics for Aamir Khan - May 07, 2012
- 'Riwayat' a film on female foeticide by doctors - Sep 03, 2012
- Aamir Khan to meet Gehlot over female foeticide - May 09, 2012
- Aamir brings smile to 'Jalpari' director (Movie Snippets)(With Images) - Aug 30, 2012
- Driving social change for women - via stardom - Sep 12, 2012
- '3 Idiots' team praises Aamir's show (Movie Snippets) - May 10, 2012
- Special screening of 'Satyamev Jayate' in villages - May 06, 2012
Tags: aamir khan, bollywood star, dd, etv, female foeticide, google, indian readership survey, irs, launch, million viewers, mumbai, national broadcaster, network channels, search engine google, sentiment, star tv, television audience measurement, telugu, tv network, viewership