Satyajit Ray’s son coming up with Feluda movieMay 2nd, 2010 - 7:19 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, May 2 (IANS) As West Bengal celebrated the 90th birth anniversary of India’s only Oscar winning film director Satyajit Ray Sunday, his son Sandip announced he would make his next movie based on Ray’s popular Bengali detective story in the Feluda series “Gorosthaney Sabdhan”.
Feluda is a fictional character starring in a series of Bengali novels and short stories written by Satyajit Ray. Feluda is a Kolkata based detective who along with his cousin and assistant Topshe solves mystery cases.
“We have decided to adapt famous Feluda series novel ‘Gorosthaney Sabdhan’ into a film. We will start shooting for it from next month,” said Sandip Ray, himself an acclaimed film director.
“Gorosthaney Sabdhan” (Caution in the Graveyard) is one of the most popular stories in the Feluda series.
“Sonar Kella” (The Golden Fortress), “Jai Baba Felunath” (The Elephant God), “Bombay er Bombete” (Dacoits of Bombay), “Koilash-e Kelenkari” (Chaos In Kailas) and “Tintorettor Jishu” (Tintoretto’s Jesus) are the popular novels in the Feluda series which have been adapted into films.
“Sonar Kella” and “Jai Baba Felunath” were directed by Satyajit Ray himself while the other three films were directed by Sandip Ray.
Several other stories of Feluda stories has also been made into television serials.
Several programmes were organised in the city and elsewhere in the state to celebrate Ray’s birth anniversary. Ray is regarded as a trendsetter in Indian movies with acclaimed movies like “Pather Panchali” (Song of the Road).
All television channels also broadcast programmes on Ray.
- No one in India has Satyajit Ray's 'Sikkim' print: Son - Sep 18, 2010
- Satyajit Ray was a ruthless director, says son Sandip (Interview) - Apr 01, 2012
- Feluda magic works in spurts in 'Gorosthane Sabdhan' (Bengali Film Review) - Dec 11, 2010
- Disney Channel announces TV premiere of Ray's 'Feluda - The Kathmandu Caper' - Dec 24, 2010
- Bengali actor Sabyasachi's dream comes true with 'Tintorettor Jishu' - Dec 12, 2008
- I have dry throat before next Feluda release: Sandip Ray - Dec 11, 2008
- Soumitra Chatterjee named for Dada Saheb Phalke award (Lead) - Mar 21, 2012
- 'Feluda' lends voice to Tagore - Aug 25, 2012
- Would love to continue for audiences's sake: Soumitra Chatterjee - May 18, 2012
- Review Of 'Gorosthane Sabdhan': Feluda Is Back With A Bang! - Dec 11, 2010
- Phalke award is recognition of my 53 years of hard work: Soumitra - Mar 21, 2012
- Toongate: Mamata lashes out against professor, calls it cyber crime - May 12, 2012
- New directors, new ideas power Bengali cinema's resurgence - Feb 19, 2012
- Bengali cinema going for classy foreign locales - Feb 13, 2011
- Why would I have gone to Mumbai? asks Soumitra Chatterjee (Interview) - May 12, 2012
Tags: bengali, birth anniversary, dacoits, detective story, elephant god, fictional character, film director, graveyard, jai, jishu, kailas, mystery cases, sandip, satyajit ray, television channels, television serials, three films, tintoretto, trendsetter, west bengal