‘Saturday Night Fever’ suit foundAugust 7th, 2012 - 7:18 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Aug 7 (THAINDIAN NEWS) ‘Saturday Night Fever’ is a dance movie that had John Travolta as the lead actor. It is a movie that hit the screens in 1977 and the suit that Travolta wore in the movie got a lot of attention.
Travolta’s Saturday Night suit had disappeared for 17 years but it has now been found. The suit is said to have been auctioned to an anonymous bidder for 93,000 dollars and it disappeared from the public eye since then. With the upcoming exhibition on Hollywood costume at the Victoria and Albert museum, curators believe that the white flared suit will be a very big addition to the collection of the exhibition.
An international appeal was made for the suit to be brought back to the public so that it could be exhibited during the Hollywood costume exhibit and the suit was found in London. It is still in perfect condition and the owner has given permission for the suit to be used during the exhibition. The suit is treasured because it is seen as the icon that helped to make disco music popular in the world. The suit is going to be used the Hollywood Costume exhibition which will be at the Victoria and Albert museum which opens in October.
- A treat, says Hillary after Victoria Memorial visit - May 06, 2012
- Canadian art gallery displaying Maharaja Ranjit Singh's throne - Nov 22, 2010
- Akshay does a John Travolta in 'Action Replayy' (With Images) - Feb 16, 2010
- Kumari Selja inaugurates contemporary photography exhibition - Mar 10, 2011
- Akshay Kumar To Shake A Leg With John Travolta At A Live Event - Sep 21, 2010
- John Travolta praises Hollywood - Nov 18, 2010
- John Travolta is sweet and humble, says Abhishek - Sep 27, 2010
- Chicago Art Institute revives its India link - Jan 21, 2011
- 25 films that will be immortalised by US National Film Registry this year - Dec 29, 2010
- Intimate gifts reveal Queen Victoria, Prince Albert's passionate relationship - Mar 13, 2010
Tags: 17 years, costume exhibit, disco music, exhibition, hollywood, international appeal, john travolta, london, museum curators, night suit, public eye, saturday night fever, screens, victoria and albert, victoria and albert museum