Saturday Kitchen Live presenter James Martin pays compliments to Rick SteinFebruary 29th, 2012 - 10:19 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Feb 29 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Saturday Kitchen Live presenter James Martin could not help but shower compliments on seafood expert Rick Stein. It would have been a wonderful compliment but Martin messed up when he used the word “d***” instead of “dish.”
Martin realized the error and apologized but he seemed to have made the matter worse when he cracked up another joke about pork. Bank Job host George Lamb, who was a guest in the studio, was captured by the camera as he tried to hide his amusement at the event.
The show is a live one and when Martin made the blunder, several giggles could be heard at the background. BBC has apologized for the blunder explaining that because of the nature of the show, it is almost impossible to catch some of these issues before they get on air.
A spokesperson of the broadcasting house said that, “Saturday Kitchen is a live programme and this was an unfortunate slip of the tongue. James apologised straight away and of course did not mean to cause any offence.”
A video of the incident has been uploaded on the Internet. It has already received several views and host of comments.
- BBC apologises for Radio 4 F-word slip - Aug 22, 2011
- US trade mission visits Mumbai - Apr 11, 2011
- Howard Stein apologizes on David Letterman show - Feb 04, 2011
- Spit roasts to kofta, tuck into festive feasts in Delhi - Dec 24, 2010
- Harry Belafonte falls asleep live on air - Oct 19, 2011
- Osteria: Hearty Italian Fare from Rick Tramonto's Kitchen - Oct 29, 2008
- Knives are out: Cut and taste co-related - Mar 22, 2012
- Colorado dentist put thousands at HIV risk by reusing needles - Jul 17, 2012
- Jon Stewart Slams Rick Sanchez At Charity Event - Oct 04, 2010
- Gwen Stefani calls her wax image 'weird' - Sep 24, 2010
- FedEx apologises on behalf of employee who threw monitor over a fence - Dec 23, 2011
- Foods which are said to bring good luck on New Year - Dec 23, 2010
- Wayne Rooney brushing up his cooking skills - May 03, 2010
- Rick Sanchez Fired For Comments Against Jon Stewart - Oct 03, 2010
- Freed Lockerbie bomber may live another 20 years, admits 'embarrassed' specialist - Jul 05, 2010