Satish Kaushik’s ‘Mayanagri’ to roll in SeptemberMay 19th, 2012 - 4:27 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 19 (IANS) Filmmaker Satish Kaushik’s “Mayanagri”, which deals with male prostitution, is finally ready to go on floors. The director says he will start shooting the film starting September.
“Writing ‘Mayanagri’ was not an easy task. It’s a very dramatic story of the 1980s and 1990s,” Kaushik told IANS.
“Mayanagri” is a film adaptation of a book titled “Do Murdo Ke Liye Guldasta”, written by Surendra Varma. Kaushik had taken its film rights way back in the 1990s.
“We will shoot few portions from September or October as there are (requirements of) some real sequences of Ganpati visarjan and rains in Mumbai,” he added.
Kaushik says the movie deals with gigolos and gangsters.
“It’s a very interesting story of two boys — one from Delhi and the other from Mathura. The story is about gigolos and gangsters. It is a story of a dreamer from Delhi who comes to the city of Mumbai.
“The film deals with a subject of male prostitution. The place Mumbai also plays a prominent character in the film. I will make this film in a big way,” he said.
The filmmaker says he has locked Randeep Hooda, Mahie Gill and Prashant Narayanan to essay key roles in the movie.
“Randeep Hooda is a fantastic actor. His presence on screen is mind blowing. I am sure he will justify the role,” said Kaushik.
- Beyond offbeat films, I want comedy, romance: Mahie Gill - Feb 25, 2012
- When Mahie got drunk on 'Sahib Biwi...' sets - Sep 21, 2011
- Bollywood shifts from formula films, explores dark realities - Jul 19, 2011
- Intimate scenes no big deal for Mahie, Randeep - Oct 05, 2011
- Steamy scenes of Randeep, Mahie leaked - Sep 22, 2011
- 'Dedh Ishqiya' shoot to begin September (Movie Snippets) - May 09, 2012
- Sunil Bohra to screen 'Sahib Biwi...' for Guru Dutt's family - Sep 24, 2011
- Tigmanshu's idea for 'Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster 2' - Oct 06, 2011
- Ganesh Chaturthi: Bollywood too joins the festivities - Sep 11, 2011
- Ours is a sexually repressed society: Randeep Hooda - Sep 18, 2011
- Sunny Leone was shy shooting lovemaking scene: Mahesh Bhatt (Interview, With Image) - May 19, 2012
- I opted out of 'Sahib Biwi...' sequel: Neil - Jan 28, 2012
- Soha's 'Sahib...' look modelled on Sharmila's 'Anupama' - Feb 22, 2012
- I want to explore myself as an actor: Mahie Gill - Sep 26, 2011
- 'Aashiqui 2' about Mahesh Bhatt's first love - Feb 07, 2012
Tags: 1980s, 1990s, dramatic story, dreamer, film adaptation, film deals, film rights, filmmaker, gangsters, ganpati visarjan, gigolos, interesting story, male prostitution, narayanan, presence, rains in mumbai, randeep hooda, satish kaushik, sequences, two boys