Satish Kaushik as common man in ‘Gali Gali Chor Hai’January 30th, 2012 - 7:31 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 30 (IANS) Director-actor Satish Kaushik, known for his comic timing, says his role in Rumi Jafri’s “Gali Gali Chor Hai” is not unique. He just represents the common man.
“I don’t play any unique character and yet this character is important. I play the role of a common man,” Kaushik said in a statement.
Set for a Feb 3 release, the film focuses on corruption and its affect on common man and Kaushik will be seen as a supportive father to Akshaye Khanna, the movie’s main protagonist.
Recently producer Nitin Manmohan and Jafri arranged a screening of the film for Anna Hazare and the people of Ralegaon Siddhi village. Actors Akshaye, Shriya Saran, Mugdha Godse and Annu Kapoor were also there.
- Special screening of Bollywood anti-graft film for Hazare - Jan 24, 2012
- Akshaye to start shooting for 'Gali Gali...' from Friday - Aug 30, 2011
- Don't want to associate with every film: Akshaye Khanna - Feb 02, 2012
- Villagers attend film screening with Anna Hazare (With Images) - Jan 25, 2012
- 'Gali Gali...' to release Feb 3, 2012 - Dec 23, 2011
- 'Gali Gali...' screening in Anna village raises piracy fears - Jan 25, 2012
- Shriya Saran's plea - do not divide films on regional basis - Feb 04, 2012
- Mugdha, Shriya prove actresses can work harmoniously - Jan 11, 2012
- 'Gali Gali Chor Hai', uninspiring, dry take on corruption (IANS Hindi Film Review) - Feb 04, 2012
- Small, simple tales for moviegoers this week - Jan 30, 2012
- Without strong content, you can't do anything: Akshaye - Jan 16, 2012
- Prakash Jha advises Rumi Jaffery to shoot in Bhopal - Sep 23, 2011
- Why have I been such an idiot, wonders Annu Kapoor (With Images) - Jan 24, 2012
- Akshaye hurts his back, shooting halted - Sep 30, 2011
- Gear up for Shriya's item number - Jun 13, 2012